Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My 6 x 160mm Scram Centreline rotors appeared yesterday, ordered 27th October. 7 weeks, which I was expecting, didn't think they would show till the New Year.

Authenticity is anyone's guess, they look real but price says no.
How can you screw up a rotor made of pressed steel? Well, I suppose if you tried.

Brake in confidence :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How can you screw up a rotor made of pressed steel? Well, I suppose if you tried.

With some of the intricate things that are reproduced, surely they can get a rotor right ;)

I have had a set before, couldn't tell the difference between them and my real ones, still cant with these.

With the world in shortage and covid prices, $38usd for 6 rotors was a good deal.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
With some of the intricate things that are reproduced, surely they can get a rotor right ;)

I have had a set before, couldn't tell the difference between them and my real ones, still cant with these.

With the world in shortage and covid prices, $38usd for 6 rotors was a good deal.
My 180mm up front has been fine. They even say 'Avid'. Bargain.

AliExpress is great for generic bits.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I'd say most it is made in the same place.
Had an avid rotor with a small machined step on it that must have slipped when they machined it, another 2 HSX rotors that the hubs were painted slightly different colours, and a set of XO SRAM brakes that had bubbles in the decals. They all worked fine just had minor flaws that didn't pass QC I would say.

I don't think I will see my dropper post and pedals till after the Christmas break, left it a bit late I think.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I realise that AliExpress charge delivery on every product rather than per order. I tried it with rotors, $9 per rotor!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I'd say most it is made in the same place.
Had an avid rotor with a small machined step on it that must have slipped when they machined it, another 2 HSX rotors that the hubs were painted slightly different colours, and a set of XO SRAM brakes that had bubbles in the decals. They all worked fine just had minor flaws that didn't pass QC I would say.

I don't think I will see my dropper post and pedals till after the Christmas break, left it a bit late I think.

View attachment 370629
I ordered some Manitou decals, I am more than a month in and they have only just cleared customs for export OUT of Russia, probably another month and 17 different ports before they arrive..you get what you pay for!

Flow-Rider

Burner
I ordered some Manitou decals, I am more than a month in and they have only just cleared customs for export OUT of Russia, probably another month and 17 different ports before they arrive..you get what you pay for!
I usually get that from ebay when they use UPS, the parcel goes through at least 10 states of the US.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pedals rocked up and another full cycle of an AliExpress order done. The final finish on the pedals looks pretty good and I hope the materials they're made from are as good.

Now, to wait for this dropper post to show up, not something I really need in a hurry because it's only going on a spare bike.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Many of the AliExpress pedals look to be related - like cousins. They must come from the same factory family tree.

Looking good.
Yeah, just change the design a bit so that they don't encroach on the patent of a brand they manufacture for. The axles look similar to Shimano and the pins are steel too not soft aluminium like some others.