Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
aliexpress tracking is good up until the point it leaves china... then youre on your own hoping AusPost doesnt screw up.

My remaining two orders left Shengzen 10 days ago, so not im waiting on oz post. Could be a while... In happier news, my Orange arrived from the UK at the importer and is being couriered down this week!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
aliexpress tracking is good up until the point it leaves china... then youre on your own hoping AusPost doesnt screw up.

My remaining two orders left Shengzen 10 days ago, so not im waiting on oz post. Could be a while... In happier news, my Orange arrived from the UK at the importer and is being couriered down this week!
Did you really buy an Orange? Story gets weirder every day!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx did you receive a certain package from ABC bikes? Mine arrived today and all checked out legitimate. Tick for the unknown
Today ! Mine arrived last Saturday. I was happy but disappointed at the same time as I thought it was the spokes for my new wheels.

The Bike Components order is still in Sydney 8 days later.

Great service from ABC Cycles.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Aliexpress standard. Same shipping no. unfortunately.
Go to your order page and press 'track order' then go to the top right-hand corner and click on these links on the page that I've circled below. That should give you a better tracking result.

Attachments

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You can use aftership.com to track stuff, sometimes it will pick it up after it’s been handed off to Oz post.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Planet Cyclery..fairly big mob on Ebay
Had exactly the same thing happen to me. Blame eBay Global Shipping. It is unclear if they are unwilling to ship a part with oil inside it or just evil geo-blocking cnuts. I suspect the latter.

I IMed Planet Cyclery and asked to try again but send directly to me. They were willing but you don't get as sharp price as eBay.

I ended up getting the same part used from a private seller in the UK. He sent it outside of eBay's Global Shipping just in case more eBay led fuckery could happen.

eBay's Global Shipping suck the big one.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Had exactly the same thing happen to me. Blame eBay Global Shipping. It is unclear if they are unwilling to ship a part with oil inside it or just evil geo-blocking cnuts. I suspect the latter.

I IMed Planet Cyclery and asked to try again but send directly to me. They were willing but you don't get as sharp price as eBay.

I ended up getting the same part used from a private seller in the UK. He sent it outside of eBay's Global Shipping just in case more eBay led fuckery could happen.

eBay's Global Shipping suck the big one.
shouldn't the seller be aware of geoblock?..the seller claimed that they had no reason for it not to go through as it was an Ebay problem...surprisingly Ebay's customer service was less than helpful and could not define the actual cause if it being cancelled!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
shouldn't the seller be aware of geoblock?..the seller claimed that they had no reason for it not to go through as it was an Ebay problem...surprisingly Ebay's customer service was less than helpful and could not define the actual cause if it being cancelled!
You would think so but Planet Cyclery seemed surprised too.

It might just be that shipping a product that has oil internally is a big no. Ebay were very grey for me too and utterly unhelpful.

To top it off then eBay sent an 'We hope you are happy with your product and could you provide feedback' message afterwards.

Here is what I got.

20210207_084609.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner

It might just be that shipping a product that has oil internally is a big no. Ebay were very grey for me too and utterly unhelpful.

To top it off then eBay sent an 'We hope you are happy with your product and could you provide feedback' message afterwards.

Here is what I got.

View attachment 372109
Australia should retaliate with geoblocking our minerals to Australian only companies, I like using Shimano but this shit makes me want to support other companies that don't geoblock.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

Here is what I got.

View attachment 372109
use a freight forwarder. Some of them offer the service to buy the product on your behalf, then ship it to you. will probably nuke any chance of warranty, if that's an issue for you. some freight forwarders offer a US postal address for you to use, to get around geo-blocking

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
use a freight forwarder. Some of them offer the service to buy the product on your behalf, then ship it to you. will probably nuke any chance of warranty, if that's an issue for you. some freight forwarders offer a US postal address for you to use, to get around geo-blocking
That is an option. It all gets kind of needlessly complicated. Other shipping providers seem including UK and AU post seem to do it no problem. I was thinking of sending to my US forwarding post box but found another option instead

I'm with @fatboyonabike in that eBay allowed the listing, offered shipping via their Global fulfilment thingy, allow the seller to ship it then pull the rug out from under it all once it reaches their shipping partners distribution plant.

All of this should have been easy enough to figure out upfront.

Fair enough if they don't want to ship it but to let the transaction go so far is a waste of time all round.

I wonder if these get resold by some eBay firesale place in Kentucky or they throw it all under a steamroller then burn it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It is unclear if they are unwilling to ship a part with oil inside it or just evil geo-blocking cnuts. I suspect the latter
Has the be the geoblock as you can buy forks, oil, brake fluid ect from the US, UK, Europe and the likes without any problems.
I'm surprised eBay is enforcing this though, eBay used to be a way of getting around stupid rules.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Has the be the geoblock as you can buy forks, oil, brake fluid ect from the US, UK, Europe and the likes without any problems.
I'm surprised eBay is enforcing this though, eBay used to be a way of getting around stupid rules.
Probably, they sure are grey on letting you know which would be to help them more than you.

Someway I hope AliExpress can pick up the slack as geoblocking there seems to be something other companies do.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I think what they're not saying is someone on the distrubtion centre sorting line is into MTB.

"The item won't be sent to you, nor returned to your seller".

If I'm reading the product description correctly - tell them to look for a guy with #26aintdead tattoed on his forearm... ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Probably, they sure are grey on letting you know which would be to help them more than you.

Someway I hope AliExpress can pick up the slack as geoblocking there seems to be something other companies do.
I'd say it's just a matter of time and they'll intervene there too, enjoy cheap parts while it lasts. It's all about making the biggest profits these days.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'd say it's just a matter of time and they'll intervene there too, enjoy cheap parts while it lasts. It's all about making the biggest profits these days.
I hope the world of China OEM bikes where they overstate the amount they are making then flog off the resultant excess groupsets via AliExpress stays. No one can police China for most trade related things like that yet.