Little Things You Hate

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Don't ever go to Adelaide. People there have rage aneurysms if they can't park 2.3cm away from their destination.
Have you seen them try to merge from a sliplane, or negotiate a roundabout?

Great place to live and ride, but Adelaide drivers are shit.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Had two weird encounters with bikes today. First was on an 80 section of country road, I passed giving about 3m by crossing into the oncoming lane. No traffic to worry about and I was back in my lane well before the Landcruiser coming the other way came close. Driver had both hands in the air and was gesticulating madly for me to regain my lane. Obvious there was a bicycle there and I was giving it room... Landcruiser had a bike rack and 3 or 4 bikes hanging off it.

Part deux, turning left into a road, all 80 to get home, it is a divided intersection. One kid, no helmet, no brains coming at me in the middle of my lane on the wrong side of the road to turn right. So I veered right while he gave me a mouthful, his mate jumped the centre island across the front of me, using his left hand to give me a V for not victory sign.

Aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Have you seen them try to merge from a sliplane, or negotiate a roundabout?

Great place to live and ride, but Adelaide drivers are shit.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
Yerp. Merging consists of either panicking and slowing to 10km/h, and / or making a lunge for glory into (any) lane. Keeps you awake.

Speaking of, I find Adelaide motorists are asleep 90% of the time and in full road rage the other 10%. Oh and they have to speed up when you try and change into their lane because(?)

Roundabouts: on lazy saturday arvos we'd sometimes sit outside the Britannia sinking a few beers and watching all the near misses on Britannia Roundabout. Underrated pastime.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Roundabouts: on lazy saturday arvos we'd sometimes sit outside the Britannia sinking a few beers and watching all the near misses on Britannia Roundabout. Underrated pastime.
That would be quite the drinking game!

The slip lane on to the Freeway at Stirling heading away from the city drives me insane. Constant radius 270deg turn onto the 100kmh freeway in a fully loaded Colorado, and without fail there's some numpty doing 70 on the end of it :rolleyes:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I hate it when you ride en route to a trail but have to mow through some longish paspaelum to get there.

It handily gets all sticky on your front rotor and you spend the rest of the ride hearing '''BRrrssssttttttt' when you hit the front brake.
Go home, clean rotor and know you will have to do it again sooner or later.

First world problem and all, but I admire silent bikes.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shitty retailers who cant deliver things. made the mistake of ordering something from rivers for the kid. 10 days later still not dispatched so I've had to buy a jacket from him elsewhere. rivers say thats outside their returns policy. how can you be that bad at delivery running an on line business.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
shitty retailers who cant deliver things. made the mistake of ordering something from rivers for the kid. 10 days later still not dispatched so I've had to buy a jacket from him elsewhere. rivers say thats outside their returns policy. how can you be that bad at delivery running an on line business.
Shitty retailers overseas that still deliver after i cancelled the order, make me wait a month for the refund for it to arrive and have it returned, and then refuse to pay me the $40 i lost in the exchange rate change over the month they stuffed me around...

moorey

call me Mia
Can't really blame AusPost, seeing it's just a small town PO, but had a notification earlier that my Pushy's order was at PO. Went in, no ticket, but I could see a Pushy's box on the sorting desk behind the counter, so I said I think it's mine, and asked them to check. They know me, so looked at it and said it wasn't mine. Asked if he was sure? Says no. Fair enough.
Go back home, get an AusPost text that I had a parcel to collect. Go back, and of course, it was the same parcel, and yes it's mine. It was the same person who had served me 30 min earlier, and handed it over without batting an eyelid.

Minlak

custom titis
Can't really blame AusPost, seeing it's just a small town PO, but had a notification earlier that my Pushy's order was at PO. Went in, no ticket, but I could see a Pushy's box on the sorting desk behind the counter, so I said I think it's mine, and asked them to check. They know me, so looked at it and said it wasn't mine. Asked if he was sure? Says no. Fair enough.
Go back home, get an AusPost text that I had a parcel to collect. Go back, and of course, it was the same parcel, and yes it's mine. It was the same person who had served me 30 min earlier, and handed it over without batting an eyelid.View attachment 372262
Is it possible he knew you?? I mean if he knew you that would explain it

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That would be quite the drinking game!

The slip lane on to the Freeway at Stirling heading away from the city drives me insane. Constant radius 270deg turn onto the 100kmh freeway in a fully loaded Colorado, and without fail there's some numpty doing 70 on the end of it :rolleyes:
Or stopped at the end of the ramp...waiting for a gap. Dickheads.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go back home, get an AusPost text that I had a parcel to collect. Go back, and of course, it was the same parcel, and yes it's mine. It was the same person who had served me 30 min earlier, and handed it over without batting an eyelid.View attachment 372262
Possibly says more about you than them - #notjudgingmoorey

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My fucking Bontrager carbon rims. (I love you really...). Second set of inserts I've tried to fit and there's just no f#$king way I can get the tyre bead over the rim edge. First was the ARDs and now the tannus insert. I had to take a break and walk away to stop myself breaking sonething. Even tried 2 tyres. An Aggressor and then a 2.6 Butcher which has a big bag and no dice... :mad::(

creaky

XMAS Plumper
My fucking Bontrager carbon rims. (I love you really...). Second set of inserts I've tried to fit and there's just no f#$king way I can get the tyre bead over the rim edge. First was the ARDs and now the tannus insert. I had to take a break and walk away to stop myself breaking sonething. Even tried 2 tyres. An Aggressor and then a 2.6 Butcher which has a big bag and no dice... :mad::(
Have you asked the missus to have a go for you? :p

moorey

call me Mia
Cleaning up the kids old tree house, hasn’t been used for 5 years, board gave way, foot slipped through, slam my ribs hard on the guard rail. I’m winded AF, thought I’d cracked a rib, breathlessly groaning and rolling around for a good 2 minutes. Wife pokes her head out the door (15m from me), yells that lunch is ready.
Takes me a couple more minutes to compose myself and gingerly descend the steps. Wife berates me for not coming straight in, and letting lunch get cold. Try to explain the pain I’m in. Falls on deaf ears with an ICU nurse.
Ribs are still very tender :(