The QUICK question thread.....

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Got my first puncture in the tubless. Heard it pop, heard the air hiss, heard it stop as the sealant did it's job. Magic.

Now do I need to think about replacing the tire? Or is it as good as it was?

Also can't find where the puncture occurred. Is there any tell tale signs of a sealed puncture to look for so I can asses the damage?

moorey

call me Mia
Really depends on the placement, size, sealant.....
If it’s a tyre you plan to use longer, I’d bang in a dynaplug for peace of mind.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Carry a tube anyway, there is always the possibility you'll score a cut sealant won't fix.
Punctures can be hard to spot, but look for a darker, clean-looking spot where the sealant will have removed the patina of trail dirt around the hole as it leaked out. But really, if it sealed quickly it's not that big a hole to have compromised the tyre casing, so just keep riding it.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Carry a tube anyway, there is always the possibility you'll score a cut sealant won't fix.
Punctures can be hard to spot, but look for a darker, clean-looking spot where the sealant will have removed the patina of trail dirt around the hole as it leaked out. But really, if it sealed quickly it's not that big a hole to have compromised the tyre casing, so just keep riding it.
I do when I go to the trails. Just not when do ijng suburban loops during the week. It's ok, I have a matchy matchy enduro strap.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Setting up a Shigura system, deciding on brake lines.

Will braided hoses add to or detract from lever feel?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Setting up a Shigura system, deciding on brake lines.

Will braided hoses add to or detract from lever feel?
If its quality hose, it will definitely add to the feel. And it will make the front and rear feel more consistent.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk