The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Far out! Macca's is fast in South Australia.
Yeah as far as I remember, I am in no way a regular customer but I believe it depends on where you go in Adelaide.

Back where we were locked down and they had all closed, the day they opened, the Northern Suburbs establishments had 2km queues and ended up closing as they were sold out :D

Flow-Rider

Burner
I would be happy if they just once made a burger for me that looks like the ones in the promo shots.

The chips aren't bad. I guess it hard to mess them up.

KFC just make everything way too greasy here.
I occasionally ask them how much magnification was used when they had taken the photo of the burger.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What is the free delivery threshold on chain reaction at the moment? I can find reference to it on their site.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I occasionally ask them how much magnification was used when they had taken the photo of the burger.
Food close ups are supposed to make you hungrier. I'm a pseudo-expert as I went to work experience to an Advertising company when hair style mullets where in fashion. I saw the some commercials being produced which was pretty interesting. Walking around with a water spray atomiser hosing bottles of drink to give it that fresh out of a cold fridge look and zooming in on newly prepped food to make it look bigger.

Then fast food companies serve up something that looks similar but sure isn't what you expected.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there some magic that I'm missing with NX 12 speed? I've got one of my son's friends bikes at the moment to replace the back wheel after they decided to adjust the bearings in the old wheel themselves - now the balls are all flat on one side...
So I told his dad to buy a Sun Ringle Duroc and just smash it on there, cheaper than replacing the generic shit that came on the bike in the long run.
It's NX 12 speed, the smallest 4 cogs are fine and shift without issue but it won't behave in the largest 3 cogs (ok in the top because it's on the limit screw). I've straightened the hanger so it's perfect, do I need to adjust the B screw to get this right? Is there some major failure point with them that I've missed?
My last Sram experience was X01 11 speed and that was mint, my current fleet all run Shimano 12 speed which is even better so this NX/SX combo is doing my head in.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is there some magic that I'm missing with NX 12 speed? I've got one of my son's friends bikes at the moment to replace the back wheel after they decided to adjust the bearings in the old wheel themselves - now the balls are all flat on one side...
So I told his dad to buy a Sun Ringle Duroc and just smash it on there, cheaper than replacing the generic shit that came on the bike in the long run.
It's NX 12 speed, the smallest 4 cogs are fine and shift without issue but it won't behave in the largest 3 cogs (ok in the top because it's on the limit screw). I've straightened the hanger so it's perfect, do I need to adjust the B screw to get this right? Is there some major failure point with them that I've missed?
My last Sram experience was X01 11 speed and that was mint, my current fleet all run Shimano 12 speed which is even better so this NX/SX combo is doing my head in.
B screw adjustment is pretty critical with these wide range RDs

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll give it a go, I don't have the SRAM tool but from what I can see online the gap should be 15mm in the largest cog.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I got the rear mech pretty much bang on except it won't shift into 10th gear (11T) when riding but will when in the stand. I shifted under a super light load when riding and bang, in it went. But if I'm motoring then it hesitates for quite a few seconds.

So before I mess everything up, could this be because the cable tension is too great?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes, should have negligible tension in top gear. Back it and the twisty adjusting things off until the cable just holds shape then adjust the twisty thing until it cleanly shifts from 11 to10.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I got the rear mech pretty much bang on except it won't shift into 10th gear (11T) when riding but will when in the stand. I shifted under a super light load when riding and bang, in it went. But if I'm motoring then it hesitates for quite a few seconds.

So before I mess everything up, could this be because the cable tension is too great?
Might need to turn the limit screw out a tiny smidge. Like, really tiny. A quarter turn will be too far

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
B screw adjustment is pretty critical with these wide range RDs
It was just NX being totally rubbish. Stripped the rear mech down and cleaned everything, they have a surprisingly large amount of manufacturing tolerance in these things. Fixed the crazy B bolt issue and fitted a new cable, now its not too bad.
Just in case there was anyone who didn't know Deore > NX every fucking time