COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So apparently Darwin - which hasn’t had a case for about 3 weeks now - is an ‘orange zone’ in the eyes of ‘208 cases today’ Victoria so I’ve got to get tested and isolate when I fly home tomorrow.

That’s some straight up idiocy right there. It’s no wonder the daft anti-mask cunts are starting to attract more numbers to their marches when the authorities are acting so fucking gormless.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
A couple of days iso wouldn’t normally be an issue (especially after being away from home for almost 8 weeks now). I’d planned on spending the time sprawling on my very comfy couch, drinking beers and punching cones anyway but there’s not a fucking morsel to eat in the house and it’s not like we’ve got Uber Eats round our way!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
* there are heaps of these muppets swaggering about the island however. If one strays into my garden I’m shooting it with the archery bow and cooking the bugger on the barbie!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Is that a cape Barron goose?
Yeah. They’re a menace. Strutting around (well, goose-stepping, really) like they own the joint. They just don’t give a fuck. I almost admire their sheer arrogance!

They’re also as smart as a bag of rocks. One of their favourite haunts is the racetrack. Type ‘Phillip Island Bird Strike’ into YouTube and you’ll see loads of vids of them taking out motorbike riders.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Our doctor advisor type lady is a twit - So just wondering how you balance this in your mind? - I want all preventable death to be well prevented - So what balance do you use in achieving the possible - People died from the vaccine but that was for the greater good? - This is not an anti anything rant just seems like a highly impossible statement to make.

FYI- She is on the record saying she is not comfortable with QLD's borders opening until 100% vaccination of eligible persons.
View attachment 379709
View attachment 379710
To be fair, this is somewhat taken out of context. The second paragraph is her responding to a stupid question. Presser here:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...9-deaths/988df963-a5dc-45a8-be5a-e7f6089bb278

Not exactly vaccination 100% of eligible either, she said everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been given an opportunity to do so.

This emerging state v state race to hit vaccination % targets to allow the county to “open up” is moronic. This should be a race that ends in a dead heat for all of us. I can understand Jeanette Young’s hesitation to open the border to NSW when they hit 70% when QLD is at only 50%, or less.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A couple of days iso wouldn’t normally be an issue (especially after being away from home for almost 8 weeks now). I’d planned on spending the time sprawling on my very comfy couch, drinking beers and punching cones anyway but there’s not a fucking morsel to eat in the house and it’s not like we’ve got Uber Eats round our way!
When I isolated in cowes with the chickenpox back in 2019, I got to the house with no food, and discovered coles and woolies didn’t do home delivery and there was no uber eats. The pizza joint opposite coles did home delivery. I lasted 10 days on it.