Online retailers trusted/scammers

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
For a pair of shoes and small soft items it's about $34 shipping.....

Still saving almost $200 on Aus RRP.....
I had a good experience buying small things from them - freehub body, chainrings etc. Shipped DHL from memory and came within ~2w. This was mid last year. As @ozzybmx said shipping once it gets bulky/heavy is pretty wild.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yeah, late last year I did 2 separate orders from them, each time for a new saddle, and both came in about a week or so.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Anyone know of cost comparison sites for global bike stores? I looked and prob posted when I was building my prime up. But never found anything.

Something like https://www.staticice.com.au/ but for bike parts? Would be nice to compare bike24, crc, wiggle, BC, BD, actionsports, alltricks, etc. etc.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
That would be handy, but probably pretty hard to implement with the myriad sub-variations of bike parts, especially vendors who sell one obscure variant at a much lower price than the ones everyone wants...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Update....
Order arrived from BikeInn.
Placed order on Feb 11th. Received on 24th.
Officially shipped on Feb 14 and arrived in Aus on Feb 21.

Would/Will order again
I must have caught the work experience kid. Every one else seems to have a good experience, I might try again

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Anyone bought from drift bikes Newcastle?
I haven't, but I've been in there plenty of times, including the Santa Cruz Syndicate ride a couple of years ago. The owners are top notch and the shop used to sponsor my now wife when she got into xc racing well before we met.

Ha, all to say that they're definitely a legit operation

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone bought from drift bikes Newcastle?
I haven't, but I've been in there plenty of times, including the Santa Cruz Syndicate ride a couple of years ago. The owners are top notch and the shop used to sponsor my now wife when she got into xc racing well before we met.

Ha, all to say that they're definitely a legit operation
They are a real shop. I have made many transactions there. They are not my lbs of choice.

Some.
I ordered Dakine slayer knee sleeves from Drift Bikes, posted express, arrived 2 days later. The only hiccup was they sent Dakine slayer knee pads (more beefy protection), not the knee sleeve I wanted.

An email and phone call later and they are sending out the knee sleeves (with an express satchel to send the pads back).

100% would order from them again.

TL;DR Drift Bikes are great to deal with.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Bought some pedal extenders from eBay. arrived today, basically on time, but the Chunts didn't bother putting them in a bit of bubble wrap inside the post satchel so they wouldn't get bashed around by auspost. they look ok, God knows if they were dropped or not, but it doesn't say much for the seller, IMO. (Bikefit and Sports Science)