Electric Vehicles etc

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yes I can, but a $10,000 premium over a polluting car is really hard to get myself over
Most states run an incentive scheme on pure EV's.

In SA...

$3000 cash rebate.
3 years free rego.
Zero FBT when leasing. Which for some means the tax man (you/me/us) pays for half the car. All payments are pre-tax.

An EV is of no use to me but for my missus, it's perfect.

ozzybmx

So rebate up here on cars under $58,000 is $3,000.
That is all.

Currently a decent financial penalty to buy one.
I'll look into taking a test drive in a BYD to see if they are worth it
Yes, if you want a sub 4 second 0-100 model, you don't get the rebate.

Varies by state but SA's is $68,750.

This only allows the single engine Model 3 from Tesla. The Model Y would have been an option for us but zero incentives or rebate.

Zero FBT is the biggest win. Ever dollar spent on an EV is pre tax.

Also watch out for capped rebate numbers, I believe SA is the first 7000 pure EV's record.

My mate ordered a Kona to be delivered in October... he's worried as SA was around 2500 last time we talked about it.

Edit- 6400 subsidies left as of 22nd Jan.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had a BYD drive past slowly on the street - that humming shining noise they make us bloody annoying! Hopefully there is a plug on a speaker somewhere you can pull…

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Anyone got a good novated lease calculator that won't ask me to whore out my details for some scummy consultant to call me?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone got a good novated lease calculator that won't ask me to whore out my details for some scummy consultant to call me?
I thought there was something like that on the ATO website.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

The lease cost of an electric vehicle depends on your take home pay.

If you earn over $180k and are paying 45% (or whatever it is) tax, the tax man is paying for 45% of your vehicle as full payment for the car is pre tax.

Over $120k is 37%.

There is no FBT on a pure EV

So if your payments were say $1000 a month, you pay $550 a month, the other $450 comes out of the tax you would have been paying anyway. It just goes the car payment rather that gov coffers (roads, schools, welfare payments etc)

The other upside to this is that $1000 payment per month comes of your taxable income, so drops your taxable by $12k a year.

It is literally a no brainer to lease an pure EV right now with the $3000 rebate, 3 years free rego and zero FBT.

ozzybmx

5 years - cheaper for me than my current lease on the i30N.

Ends up @ $72500 ish for the car including balloon and tax savings.
I have leased the missus Atto 3 over 2 years, will re-evaluate before 3rd year whether to pay it out or re-lease.

That leaves a 55% Residual of the price minus GST, then adding GST to the residual, approx $26k.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The lease cost of an electric vehicle depends on your take home pay.

If you earn over $180k and are paying 45% (or whatever it is) tax, the tax man is paying for 45% of your vehicle as full payment for the car is pre tax.

Over $120k is 37%.

There is no FBT on a pure EV

So if your payments were say $1000 a month, you pay $550 a month, the other $450 comes out of the tax you would have been paying anyway. It just goes the car payment rather that gov coffers (roads, schools, welfare payments etc)

The other upside to this is that $1000 payment per month comes of your taxable income, so drops your taxable by $12k a year.

It is literally a no brainer to lease an pure EV right now with the $3000 rebate, 3 years free rego and zero FBT.
Is that right? Surely its not a half price car courtesy of the taxman! I thought it was something like reducing taxable income?

ozzybmx

Is that right? Surely its not a half price car courtesy of the taxman! I thought it was something like reducing taxable income?
100%, best scam since forever.

Why do you think us tradie bogan's are leasing EV's in droves right now... we'll have to do without a new Cruiser or Ranger for a couple of years. Oh the embarrassment. Though I do get to sell the missus Prado and buy a flash eeb ;)