Eating less f*cking food

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
That's a pretty high amount of energy there, mate. Muesli bars are not a healthy snack, they are usually full of sugar and heaps of carbs. Apples are good as they have a lot of soluble fibre, which helps you feel full and are excellent for your digestion. I'd prob try and ditch the banana and bar, and do the yoghurt and apple.

The other thing you can do is tell the huger to go fuck itself and wait for it to fade, which it will. As I said, I get ravenous at 11 and 2, but it fades in 30 mins and I'm good again. Hunger doesn't mean you actually have to eat.
That's probably a good idea there, might make the change.

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm liking this thread. I am 54, weigh 90kgs now, and would love that to be 85kgs. Not the end of the world, but would have good benefits.

Go back to 2018 and i did weigh 83-85kgs but that was with riding to work three days a week totalling up to 150km per week, plus MTB on weekend.

Main thing is I should drink less alcohol, but that ain't happening, sorry to my GP.

Age makes it hard, metabolism slows down. I eat very well and not excessively. I must work hard at this. :cool:

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm liking this thread. I am 54, weigh 90kgs now, and would love that to be 85kgs. Not the end of the world, but would have good benefits.

Go back to 2018 and i did weigh 83-85kgs but that was with riding to work three days a week totalling up to 150km per week, plus MTB on weekend.

Main thing is I should drink less alcohol, but that ain't happening, sorry to my GP.

Age makes it hard, metabolism slows down. I eat very well and not excessively. I must work hard at this. :cool:
Oh, I am very similar build to @johnny - though he is a little heavier set than me - but my legs are like tree trunks. Maybe his fasting routine is something to try.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Date: 9th Jan

Two egg omellete with mushrooms
Steak wrap with capsicum, sweetcorn, onion and tomato mix
Carbonara (used the small bowl strategy!)
(IMO) You should put up a starting off weight so you've got a baseline to show progress from @Jabubu.

To put my money where my mouth is - I'm going to challenge myself to join in and lose ~5kg* by the end of May.

I'm thinking it's better to lose it slowly, and guessing I really just need to remove the "treats" (junk food) from my diet and be a bit more active to get there.

I did think about aiming for more weight loss - but (A) I'll probably put on a bit of muscle if I'm exercising more so I might not actually lose heaps of weight, as (B) I'm not hugely fat - just starting to get the "Dadbod"/3 months pregnant look. So if I can relocate some of the cushioning and convert it to muscle, plus lose a few kilos in the process I'll be stoked.

*I don't actually know how much I weigh currently, nor have I ever tried to lose weight before (I've always tried to just not blow out), so step 1 will actually commence have to commence on the weekend, as I need to buy some scales so I can actually work out my starting point. Will update with a starting point once I know.

Time to get my summer bod ready for winter! :p

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Welcome @beeb !

I'm not sure how much fat (weight) I'd have to lose but I'd love to move down a pant size from 38 to 36.

This might happen if I lose 10kg but I'm aiming for 4kg of loss to reach my initial target.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
(IMO) You should put up a starting off weight so you've got a baseline to show progress from @Jabubu.

To put my money where my mouth is - I'm going to challenge myself to join in and lose ~5kg* by the end of May.

I'm thinking it's better to lose it slowly, and guessing I really just need to remove the "treats" (junk food) from my diet and be a bit more active to get there.

I did think about aiming for more weight loss - but (A) I'll probably put on a bit of muscle if I'm exercising more so I might not actually lose heaps of weight, as (B) I'm not hugely fat - just starting to get the "Dadbod"/3 months pregnant look. So if I can relocate some of the cushioning and convert it to muscle, plus lose a few kilos in the process I'll be stoked.

*I don't actually know how much I weigh currently, nor have I ever tried to lose weight before (I've always tried to just not blow out), so step 1 will actually commence have to commence on the weekend, as I need to buy some scales so I can actually work out my starting point. Will update with a starting point once I know.

Time to get my summer bod ready for winter! :p
I'm in for this. I'm a right fat c*nt at the minute, knocking 110kg which is the heaviest I've ever been.

My issue is my general disdain for myself means I don't really have any thought to what or how much I eat, a lot of which is down to whats going on upstairs coupled with terrible sleep (not slept a full night in months, let alone a full night in my own bed) and a lack of motivation
I have started going to the gym again this year so we'll see how that goes.
Having a fridge stocked with biscuits and stuff at work is dangerous though.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I'm in for this. I'm a right fat c*nt at the minute, knocking 110kg which is the heaviest I've ever been.

My issue is my general disdain for myself means I don't really have any thought to what or how much I eat, a lot of which is down to whats going on upstairs coupled with terrible sleep (not slept a full night in months, let alone a full night in my own bed) and a lack of motivation
I have started going to the gym again this year so we'll see how that goes.
Having a fridge stocked with biscuits and stuff at work is dangerous though.
Going to the gym is more than I'm doing - perhaps it's time to break out the kettlebells...

I think weight is too simple a measure, sure it's convenient but having a weight of less than <insert number here> doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy or fit.

Your body weight is made up of fat, muscle, bone mass, water and some gross gooey stuff. You don't want to lose a percentage of all of those, just the bad shit ie fat.

So maybe you don't have to be hungry, maybe you just need to adjust your diet to not eat shit but still can be sated.

And your kgs can be whatever they are, if you are 105 kgs and 10% body fat you can save money on shirts (pants too perhaps).

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I think weight is too simple a measure, sure it's convenient but having a weight of less than <insert number here> doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy or fit.
For most people who aren't massively muscular, it's a good metric. Having said that, I was 90kg solid start of 2022 after a bit of a weight thing following the olympics, 78kg at year end after training for my first marathon. Now I am about 86kg and don't have near the strength at the peak or a fraction of the endurance at the lightest. worst of both worlds lol.

For me I need to keep weight low to avoid injury particularly with long distance riding and medium distance running.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title

Your body weight is made up of fat, muscle, bone mass, water and some gross gooey stuff. You don't want to lose a percentage of all of those, just the bad shit ie fat.

So maybe you don't have to be hungry, maybe you just need to adjust your diet to not eat shit but still can be sated.

And your kgs can be whatever they are, if you are 105 kgs and 10% body fat you can save money on shirts (pants too perhaps).
Agree. I don't really care what the scales tell me, as long as I don't feel shit about myself, which is easier said than done at the minute

It's the sad truth. If you want it to keep your party, switch the booze for amphetamines...
Lets hope the shrink prescribes me some dexys next week after he decides if I have ADHD

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I lost 12 kgs last year. For me, I used Myfitnesspal, the free edition. Found it helped me to be accountable to myself as I knew how many calories I had eaten. I also signed up to the MTB Fit app and do the home workouts twice a week. Lost weight and got faster on the bike. Didn't give up drinking Scotch either so it's a win win. I also started having Overnight Oats for breakfast at 5:30, fills me up and gets me through until around 12 for lunch. The Myfitnesspal was good for making me actually stop and look at what I was eating, now I make more good choices
Good luck with it Hambo

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My issue is my general disdain for myself means I don't really have any thought to what or how much I eat, a lot of which is down to whats going on upstairs coupled with terrible sleep ... and a lack of motivation
I'm the opposite of @johnny - if I eat after 8pm I'm having a terrible night's sleep. The more/the later the worse it is, so I try to eat earlier. Finding the off-switch after the inital eating is the bit I need to practice.

Too true @steve jobs' pancreas - but these definitely aren't abdominals I'm packing! I'm not too stressed about what I weigh, but at least it's something I can measure without having to go for DEX (?) scans or whatever the gym-junkies froth.

@pink poodle - I'm not sure knocking out the 3-10 beers I have a year will make a world of difference, but for mose people - yep, great advice!

I just need to remove the junk food, pick some slightly less fatty/carb'd options to cook, and get a bit more active.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
You work from home, but do the kids go to school nearby? Could you incorporate some incidental activity by riding/walking with them to school and back? On the leg of the journey where you are solo you can try to go as fast as you can. Ride to the shops instead of drive. In fact, ride or walk anywhere that is 5km or less away if you can. Each ride doesn't have to be Epic Gnar, just get that body moving more.

As for starting weight and goal weight. You could note your starting waist measurement and then again when you reach your goal.