Recent content by A.Gent

1. A.Gent

Bottom bracket size issues.

Hey guys, I just bought a 2006 Norco Rampage frame, an upgrade off my old Manik. The new frame, however, has ISCG mounts and so the old bb on my Truvativ cranks is not long enough. The norco site, unfortunately, are pretty vague about what parts will fit, so I need to know which bb to buy...
  2. A.Gent

digging through rock

I get this problem all the time, except the rock is far harder than sandstone. The most valuable tools are a crow bar and a two-handled post hole digging shovel. With these two, you can go on through rock just about forever, or as long as your hands last!
  3. A.Gent

My Track (Update: Northshore drop, pictures)

Ladder bridge and drop are done (they have been for a while actually, but rain and social events meant I couldn't actually be bothered to go outside and take pictures. I have now, and here they are. Dead set every single log I picked up while I was making the landing had a scorpion...
  4. A.Gent

I managed to find a camera, not as good as the other one but photos are photos I guess. Construction on this thing was going full speed ahead (as long as the drill battery was lasting) until I ran out of nails, I'm getting some more tomorrow hopefully. Here's the run in, looking down from...
  5. A.Gent

Ok, it's time for an update Good news is I finished school for good on thursday, last hsc exam done, no homework, assignments, assessments, whatever. It's a good feeling, and now I have more time than ever before to work on this thing. Since then I've started work on this north-shore type...
  6. A.Gent

My Trail Log "Dead Cow"

Ok sweet, great work on the drop, it looks solidly constructed. I hope I'm still shredding at 47!
  7. A.Gent

My Trail Log "Dead Cow"

That looks really nice and fast, great work. Is it easy to carry speed into that wooden drop? there seems to be quite a corner before it. Have you thought of building a landing for the drop, could make hitting it on a hardtail easier. But seriously, that track looks awesome.
  8. A.Gent

The wood that I use is mainly to help the piles of dirt and rock keep their shape. The soil at my place is soooo rocky, there's an unruly amount of rock in everything. Even if termites get to the wood, I think it will keep its shape. I hope so... Yeah! :D Chill out with the trees guys, I...
  9. A.Gent

Yeah mate, 6"+ at the front keeps it smooth.... Gotta love haters, there's always one. I think my track's fun, regardless of how many jumps there are, and since it's only me that rides it at the moment, that's all that matters at the moment. Glad not everyone hates it. Enough raging...
  10. A.Gent

how high, long or steep ???

A pile of pallets would do it, i guess, but I think you might be surprised by how quickly you could dig up a pile of dirt that would be just as good. I think 1.5 metres is a good gap to start with.
  11. A.Gent

I fixed them, sorry about that. My nextdoor neighbour has a few rows of vines, but no proper vineyard next door. There are a few around though, within say a k or 2. Do you know a guy called Alex who lives in Nicholls? I see your point. I had intended to just poke a stick through from...
  12. A.Gent

First off, thanks for all the comments and tips, they're pretty good to be getting. My mate came over this morning cos he's down from Brisbane, so we went and hit the first bit of the track. Here's a photo i took from up a tree of that first section, show you how tight and flowy it is: We...
  13. A.Gent

I had a bit of help with the first two berms and the two jumps, but apart from that it's all been me. I might be doing a bit more tomorrow, depending on if i can get my mate from down the road to come help. At the moment only the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 11th corners are bermed, but that's mainly...
  14. A.Gent

No mate, but not too far out.
  15. A.Gent

Seat post tolerance?

Ok thanks, i'll look into it. Yeah 0.4 is not much of a margin, so I can see how that would work. Does it slip at all though?