Recent content by Chalkie

1. Chalkie

So, who can fill me in on the past 10 years?

Plow, mate! You know what's bizarre, I've just started riding again (seems I stopped around the same time as you) and stumbled across some old posts from the "Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques". I was about to see what everyone in that thread was doing these days then...
  2. Chalkie

The Photo Snob Thread

Beautiful pics hakka. Have been getting used to my new Sony A7II, the biggest adjustment being using manual focus with the Canon 50mm F1.4 (FDn) 1:1 Crop at F1.8, got to be happy with that for a $100 lens ]
  3. Chalkie

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Just on this, static stretching pre-exercise actually has a small yet negative impact on strength. Probably not worth dropping pre-squat stretches over but an interesting read none the less. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1150232/
  4. Chalkie

3 Day Full Body Routine - Advice Wanted

Thanks MWI, I already have a wobble board sitting next to my desk at work, but will definitely add in the tramp jumps
  5. Chalkie

Ajay, I agree. I used conditioning as a bit of a throw away term there but I would like to do some speed/agility conditioning style stuff on one day. Just not entirely sure how to structure it.... MWI, I'm playing a lot of soccer and have been having trouble with my knees (although turns out it...
  6. Chalkie

Looking for some input and advice from those knowledgeable around here in regards to putting together a 3 day full body workout. Have done madcows 5x5 in the past which I had some great gains from but I found it pretty monotonous and I just ended up with enormous thighs and not much else. My...
  7. Chalkie

The Photo Snob Thread

Anyone shooting on a Sony A7 or iteration of? Seriously tempted to grab either an A7 or A7s. Fullfills the criteria: Unobtrusive Compact Interchangeable Lenses FF Don't have any real world experience with them though. Thoughts?
  8. Chalkie

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

I've been reading along but with not much to contribute. Some big weights being moved in here, good job guys. Have had 12 months of injury after injury. Office life is killing me. Currently battling nerve damage in my knee and can't remember the last time I moved anything off the floor over...
  9. Chalkie

The Photo Snob Thread

Where did you get the JBhifi price for the body only? I can only see if for $1699 after cash back.
  10. Chalkie

The HiFi thread

Slowly delving into the very dangerously expensive hifi world. Just bought a Rotel RA-12 and loving it. Simple, clean and great power paired with an old pair of DCM floor standing speakers. On another note, has anyone built their own speakers off this website? In particular this model. I'm...
  11. Chalkie

Where to look for rental workshop space in Sydney?

As the title suggests I'm looking for a workshop / garage space to build furniture, amongst other things in Sydney but have no idea where to look. Suggestions of websites / people to talk to / any other useful information would be great. My requirements are: Powered around 20m2 or more...
  12. Chalkie

The Photo Snob Thread

Where to buy + Warranty? Any advice on best place to buy lenses? Think I'll bite the bullet and grab the new Sigma 35mm F1.4 Also, if buying off a grey import site is it worth buying the generic extended warranty (think its normally a 3yr warranty for lenses under $X)?
  13. Chalkie

The Photo Snob Thread

Definitely interested to here how they go man.
  14. Chalkie

The Photo Snob Thread

Loving the colour grading on this one Alex.
  15. Chalkie

Help needed, electric countdown timer.

This looks like it should work. It say its has a "Maximum of 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds CD (Count Down) function" http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-24Hrs-7-days-Digital-Powerpoint-Timer-10A-2400W-/310260898011 or...