Recent content by climbo

1. C

DirtWorks Ticket in WANTED

i pm'ed you, I have one if you still are looking for one. For the 50.
  2. C

Training: back after a break, how easy to go?

the only thing missing is.. how much did you do before the break? Say you did 10 hours/week and then had this time off, I would probably go 5 hours/week to start, then ramp it up about an hour per week to get back to 10 hours/week. As long as your body isn;t rejecting the increases, go for...
  3. C

Cycle Computers

go cheap !!! I've never had one I didnt break in a fall.
  4. C

Where to Ride (Smith's Lake NSW)

never seen much up there but surf! You might need to explore the State Park up there or go south to Seal Rocks/Myall Lake Nat Park.
  5. C

I'm thinking its time for a coach...?

local clubs and bike shops are usually a good place to ask around... usually some old heads there that can help out.
  6. C

Age cat vs elite

If you're getting beaten by someone over 30 in Elite races, who cares? If they are that good, well done to them. 30 is not even that old anyway. Plenty of top MTB racers are over 30. Lance, Ned Overend, Weins etc.... they should be allowed to race Elite any day. Ned would kick all of our...
  7. C

The Fixie Thread

that is hilarious !!! You have to skate to appreciate the irony of that video.
  8. C

Crit racing Rules?

speedo or lap counting. And usually they have lap cards with 2 to go, 1 to go. No max rollout, ride whatever you want.
  9. C

Need a new courier-style bag, any reccomendations?

my Crumpler is OK but I bought a Re-Load from Philly and they are much heavier duty materials, longer wearing and tough. A bit of extra weight in it but for sure it has lasted and has plenty of options for customization. So many to choose, the BoG looks good though too.
  10. C

Chain lube?

homemade: 2 parts odourless mineral spirits, 1 part motor oil, makes bucketloads for cheap, cleans and lubes all in one, light applications required only.
  11. C

Australian Recreational Singlespeed Enthusiasts Championship 28-29 November 2009

ROTFLMAO !!!!! That is the funniest thing I've read on this forum in quite a while.
  12. C

UCI MTB World Champs - 2009 @ Stromlo

stupid question but I can't see it on the website, can you take your bike to the event? Can you take it in to ride around to parts of the course? Is thre bike parking? Anyone found out?
  13. C

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

yes, but colloquially or socially these days, it is considered racist by most blacks. After living in England and the US, believe me, you would get roasted for calling someone a negro (if you are in fact a white dude / honky). :)
  14. C

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

just say black, negro is in fact considered racist for a lot of black people, it's the forerunner of nigger.