The Fixie Thread

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Just a little note for all people who are planning on getting B43s. To save your self an 'Aaaaah faaaaark' moment, get some valve extensions for when your putting your inner tubes in.

It was a pain in the ass when your so excited to put the final touches together and go for a spin at 10.00pm and you realise you forgot the fkn valve extenders. Worst feeling ever, like having your christmas taken away from you.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I use (threadless) 51mm Vittoria Ultralight tubes with my B43/Aerospoke and they work fine, just enough length. Should cost you no more than $14.95ea from your LBS:)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Just a little note for all people who are planning on getting B43s. To save your self an 'Aaaaah faaaaark' moment, get some valve extensions for when your putting your inner tubes in.

It was a pain in the ass when your so excited to put the final touches together and go for a spin at 10.00pm and you realise you forgot the fkn valve extenders. Worst feeling ever, like having your christmas taken away from you.
As Todd said, there are long-valve tubes designed for this - deep section track and road wheels have been around long before B43s :p

Pete J

loves his dog
I have made the decision to buy a new frame and received the green light from the finance minister as well, so looks like i'll be getting a Bob Jackson sometime soon! :D
Maybe i'll start a Bowlo like thread that charts the build up progress with updates twice daily... Look, i bought some new crank dust caps!!
Or maybe not. :rolleyes:
Gotta admit that i am excited, i plan on replacing my wheels with some Phil Woods on Open Pro's whilst pretty much keeping the other stuff from my old bike. Except for the cranks however, i do have some of those new 144bcd Miche jobbies in the cupboard just waiting to get polished.
However i can't barspin, still haven't skidded and have yet to even attempt a wheelie. And i care this much > - < !! hahaa

kjparker

Likes Dirt
Maybe i'll start a Bowlo like thread that charts the build up progress with updates twice daily... Look, i bought some new crank dust caps!!
Or maybe not. :rolleyes:
<SNIP>

However i can't barspin, still haven't skidded and have yet to even attempt a wheelie. And i care this much > - < !! hahaa
Bowlo?

I'm in the process of building myself a new bike.. See if I can get this one on BSNYC pics coming soon. :)

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Velocity are now the Australian distributor for potatoes....
Pricing is good too - expect a proliferation of them in shops soon ;)

If I don't get the Spin tri-spoke wheels I'm looking at I'll probably get an Aerospoke, for front at least.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Triples was a no show for no apparent reason so if Ezy and Lanky want to have a looksy at the bike you can PM me or something???