Recent content by Commecnalrider

1. Commecnalrider

DH bar length question

I am sick of having narrow bars on my dh bike (680mm) so i'd go for wider no doubt, regardless of colour. has anyone had any bad experiences from too wide a bar? esp. raceface 785mm ones. super wide. there are wider bars though, i'm sure.
  2. Commecnalrider

Chainless/sprocketless setup?

Thats interesting to say the very least, but essentially, 2 front wheels would work, problems could include spacing. and other problems.. like a hill.
  3. Commecnalrider

4x / DJ Injury Thread

Pardon me for asking, but how much does it hurt when your finger dislocates? out of 10? I fell over riding (going 0.001km/h) one day and my thumb didn't feel right, i took my glove off and pulled my thumb up and back to where it should be but only it hurt like a 2 out of 10. I'm guessing a...
  4. Commecnalrider

new revolution mag?

It definitely feels good to have it now. i was like a little kid when the postie put it in the letterbox. Such an awesome mag. Best reading material.
  5. Commecnalrider

pump tracks: pics, ideas, help, etc.

don't build a pump track near anything sharp. trees are ok. one of my friends got a fair sized cut inbetween his index and middle fingers when at his mate's track last year, the hills hoist was down, and they normally put a tarp or something on it to prevent such an injury, but tom rode straight...
  6. Commecnalrider

Questions which will never have an answer...

Yeah i did forget about it. It was a typo. I meant to say Commec-gnarl. (Stupid keyboard) But this "alternative" spelling would be pronounced the same way.
  7. Commecnalrider

Downhill 'apparel' Thread

The size of your body armour probably won't equal your jersey size. i wear an XL 661 pro pressure suit, and i got the royal jerseys, medium and large, the medium is a better fit by far. i only wear the large when i'm not downhilling. and the jersey should be comfortable to wear. try it on if you...
  8. Commecnalrider

Not so funny thing on the way to work

My ride to school is peaceful compared to yours tom. I only worry about birds swooping me. even when its not the right time of year! any roadie would laugh at my "ride" to school. But this guy could have been seriously hurt (probably was) and these guys did it for a laugh? it seems everyone...
  9. Commecnalrider

Slopestyle to be in 2012 Olympics

Cam McCaul was clearly moved by the news as well. "I think it's super rad but hey - have you heard my new bird call?" Awesome.
  10. Commecnalrider

Intense dealers in Melbourne

Sorry for the hi-jack but what about Intense dealers all around Aus, i'm sure it'll come in handy to alot of people.. EDIT: I just realized where the thread was.. sorry about that. but do intense have many other dealers up the east side of aus?
  11. Commecnalrider

The Sam Hill Thread

yeah the crash could explain it.. and i dont know the track at all so it could be a mud wash thing.. (madeup its not real) for all i know. But what i do know is that he shreds. Period. Period. Period.
  12. Commecnalrider

The Sam Hill Thread

NNNNNNNNIIIIIIICCCEEEE pics. what an incredible sight. How did the top of his seat get like that?? Lets dicuss how the mud caked on his bike and why/how and why/how not it was/could have gotten there. Lets!
  13. Commecnalrider

Tyres?

Maxxis Holy Roller, Kenda K rad... very standard tyres for this kind of riding.
  14. Commecnalrider

You know you're a cyclist when...

Yeah that sort of thing has happened to me with both thredbo and mt buller, it's funny because i don't know what to say to them, i just stare and tell them i ride bikes... they still don't understand. Then maybe tell them that i am actually aware that there will be no snow there.