Recent content by deletude26

1. D

SOLD pending payment - Set of 26inch Flow EX on Hope

If the above falls through - I would love to pick these up. exactly what I have been looking for - esp. with all the axle options. Happy to pick up, otherwise am on the Norther Beaches in Sydney. Thanks, Tom
  2. D

Rigid Frame for DH - indulge my fantasy

If you want something that will really hold up to abuse I would go with something like an NS Surge. Steel, slack, can be fitted with 170 or 180 forks for a dh hardtail, but personally would go max 160, otherwise you start screwing with geometry. Plus chuck on a dropper and you can ride back...
  3. D

Banshee Spitfire.....plenty of room in the world for one more!

Most of your build is pretty light, your Van's though are what is keeping the weight up. A Pike or Mattoc (both around the 1850-1900gram mark) will save you 1/2 a kilo on your Van's, putting your bike at 13.8 kg roughly, if not lower. Obviously a new fork is pretty high cost, but that's...
  4. D

New XT.

Shimano XT 11-42t range: 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-32-37-42 Sram 10-42t range: 10-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32-36-42 Shimano has a slightly smaller jump between the 37 and 42, but have an 11t, rather than a 10t. The best would be if OneUp made their 44t ring they made for Sram available...
  5. D

Widest rims for MTB

Wondering what the widest internal width options are (as a complete wheel set) either as 26, or 27.5 size. - That are cheap. (below $600-700ish) Weight not a huge issue - anything below 2kg is good Thanks
  6. D

Experience with Manitou Swinger, and NOX bikes?

Agreed, I am stretching the budget as it is, and I am okay with the Mattoc as I like the adjustability, but I was probably planning to upgrade the shock to a DB inline, but I won't bother if the Swinger is okay, but as there aren't many reviews, I may wait until I get it, and see. Will be...
  7. D

Experience with Manitou Swinger, and NOX bikes?

I was looking at purchasing a NOX EDT 5.9 SL COMP. Despite there being a few good reviews (although german), I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with any of their full-sus bikes, and how well they perform. The link to the complete bike...
  8. D

Oval Chainring

True you often follow through with momentum at "the dead spot" (where the crank is perpendicular to the ground), but in technical or sprint climbs, they could help with making it easier to increase your momentum, and make it easier to keep moving (that's just my guess) And, by the way, they...
  9. D

Oval Chainring

I was just wondering if anyone has tried an OVAL chainring (obviously on a 1x drivetrain), Something like this: http://absoluteblack.cc/oval-104bcd-chainring.html What are peoples opinions, or experiences of these? Thanks
  10. D

Considering new AM/Trail/Enduro frame - Give me a sounding board.

A rune just appeared on the long travel frame section. It's a medium, with a CCBDair. Might suit you?
  11. D

26-27.5 convertible AM frames

I was going to, but the page disappeared, I think it may have been a glitch, so going to have to look out for a good deal on one.
  12. D

I wish companies simply made them adaptable/with dropouts, and if they want to change the geo, just have a shock chip, or something similar, would make life so much easier
  13. D

So you just used a 27.5 frame, and put 26 wheels/forks in?
  14. D

Good Point JT, tempted to get one, but the only ones I can find are 2,600+, which is a bit out of my budget. (don't want to go to far past 1600). Where did you buy yours?
  15. D

Thanks simon, after a full suspension though.