Recent content by Dirtydan

1. D

Ghetto tubeless inflator

Great idea, love it!
  2. D

NSW must see trails

Hi all, Planning a January road trip from sunny North QLD to Central NSW. I've never done any riding down there and really keen to check out what's on offer to ride down there. Just want people's opinions of where I should not miss and must go ride. Happy with nearly any type of trails...
  3. D

Bike bags

Ok, so I'm over lugging my bike around in an awkward box. Think it's about time I invested some hard earned on a decent bike bag. What experiences does everyone have, I'm considering an evoc bag, CRC pushys etc have them for around $450. I've only ever used a cheap hard bike bag from torpedo...
  4. D

Post your all mountain bike

Nice ride ^^^^here's my foxy.
  5. D

Cramps/pain on longer(for me) rides and races

I'm not super keen on massive endurance stints but something I found has worked for me recently. I buy the powerade powder from woollies/Coles, bout $10 to make 15L I think. Night before drink a 500mL, strong batch, plus plenty of water through the night. Day of, drink the same. I...
  6. D

Old School hydraulic brake

Item old school hydraulic rear brake, just lever and caliper Location Townsville, but happy to pay for postage Price not much, it's old school I'd like an old school Hayes or hope rear brake, or something else, show me what you have.
  7. D

Looks the goods, I have a foxy xr on its way. Can't wait, the days are dragging on.
  8. D

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Kind of looks like an old Gary Fisher Level Betty, the main frame looks a little different at the top with the extra gusset, and where the rear shock joins. Could just be a cheap no brand kmart type duallie though.
  9. D

World Ugliest Trail Bike Just bought this a few days ago, it's my transition bike as I'm awaiting my new ride to arrive. It beats pushing up the Downhill Bike anyway. I'm surprised how much fun I'm having on it, goes to show you don't have to spend the big $'s to have plenty of fun. The 2.1"...
  10. D

Ankle support. Does anybody use it and what?

Physio is the only way to go, they will give you exercises to strengthen all your muscles in the damaged area to compensate for any weaker area's. I snapped a tendon in my ankle 18months ago, once you snap a tendon only way to repair it is surgery. I opted to go with out surgery and smashed...
  11. D

2015 Mondrakers Dune... Opinions, pros & cons?

Mondraker Hey buddy, there's a guy that's based in Townsville that sells them, it's an online store offthebrakes.com.au. They have only just picked up Mondraker so a new thing for here. I let him know about your post, he'll prob touch base with you soon. He just got a new foxy himself, and...
  12. D

QLD sold

So where in NQ is this?
  13. D

What have you named your bike?

Ha ha love it.
  14. D

All Mountain Tyres

Not yet, but if you get a 16g CO2 cartridge, and a 25g one. Then just use half of each it should equal itself out, perfect amount for a 650b tyre.
  15. D

Would you hire a trainer to help you lose weigh by riding your bike?

Not too sure if I just had a boy look, and didnt spot it, but where did he say anything about a fitness model? He did say fitness competitor and models though.