Recent content by driftmonkey

1. D

All Mountain Tyres

In response to the guys asking about the rock razor as a rear. It dose roll very well and is quite predictable however the life on it is rubbish. I got one on my trance sx and after two months of use, about 300km it is trashed. Set up tubless it won't keep sealant in it for more than 2 weeks...
  2. D

Santa Cruz Bronson

Where are you? I know the Santa Cruz dealer in newcastle has a M Bronson on the floor that you can throw a leg over
  3. D

Post your all mountain bike

This is my current Giant Trance SX. It replaced a 2008 norco fluid. It's an absolute monster on the decents and climbs better than the old bike. Really happy with the way it rides and looking fwd to many kms from it Changes from stock SLX cranks Woolf tooth 30 tooth chain ring XT Ispec shifter...
  4. D

HMBA Super G All Mountain - Paterson

I case I missed it, what's the go with "practice" sat, where do we meet and what time are the shuttles starting
  5. D

blackspire Stinger chain tensioner

easiest may and the may that blackspire says to do it is run it as close to the bash ring as you can with out contacting it and as close to the chain stay as you can with out contacting it. have had one on my norco fluid for about 5 months and the only time i had torepostion it was after a big...
  6. D

S.C.U.M & NSWMTB AM Racing.

not to add more fuel to the fire, but the timing of the event needs to be changed to resemble that more of a dh race than a xc race. you cant expect people to travel that distance for effectivly 3 runs down the track. all that has been alowed for in the sunday program is enough time for 1...
  7. D

HMBA round 1 - postponed due to wet track

is there any info about weather this is still going ahead. need to know asap as i might drive to orange and do the ginga ninja in stead
  8. D

HMBA round 1 - postponed due to wet track

any news on the reschedule of this round with the continuing weather. will we still race this weekend at awaba or is there a chance of moving to somewhere dryer like singo
  9. D

Ourimbah’s first All Mountain race 6 November 2011 - RESULTS ARE UP

what a day! absolutly spent but the most fun i have had racing a bike ever and almost the best day on the bike ever. thanks to ccomtb for oganising the event and the shuttles. cant wait till the next one. congrats
  10. D

AM bike for an XC Rider

i was in a similar boat a few years ago. ended up getting a norco fludi 1 for the right price, this has 140 mm rear and 150 mm front and i now do everything on it from short corse xc, enduros and am races. from experiance, going up has more to do with fitness that the bike, with in reason...
  11. D

JB rockets.

just pulled them apart and the 15mm axle will not go through with the bearing that are inthere allready. the end caps come off very easily however will have to look at changing the bearings as well. any one tried this
  12. D

Malvern Star Oppy A5 - Good bank for buck for first time road rider?

fantastic bike. especialy for the money. i brought the a4 about 2 years ago and have now done about 2500km on and the only things that have been changed are the tyres, bar tape(because of a crash) and sadel (personal preferance). just remember it is not a raceing geo bike but more set up for a...
  13. D

JB rockets.

i recentlly got some qr jet black rockes for a good price and now it looks like the bike will inheret a 15mm through axle fork. is it possible to convert the front wheel over to 15mm as well. cheers
  14. D

Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

was at the lbs last night and got to have a look at one of these. strait out of the box. had a full x9 drivetrain with xo rear mech, avid brakes, but not the dt hubs, did have tubless ready rocked rons on the scales it was 10.4kg for a large, minus pedals it is a very nice looking bike...
  15. D

HMBA XC round 7 - Singleton 3 hour

any news on this race going ahead with all the weather we have seen latley. keen as to ride atm with awaba and glenrock closed.