Recent content by dusty_nz

1. D

BB90 and SRAM GXP Cranks

Any ideas / suggestions on a BB to joing these two items together. Option 1 is to use a standard Shimano BB90 bottom bracket and a 1mm shim on the Sram axle to take it to 24mm+24mm axles Option 2 is to buy the shimano BB90 BB and replace the non driveside bearing with a 22mm ID bearings...
  2. D

Giant XTC SL, Why 27.5?

At this stage my favorite is the 2014 Giant XTC SL 0 29er. Still the odd one around, Mint bike, can't really fault it
  3. D

Giant XTC SL, Why 27.5?

Few years ago Giant released their top of the line race bike. 29 inch SL 0 race bike. Low 9kg weight and awesome spec. They have since dropped the SL 29er and instead only specced it with the 27.5 inch series. Why? Looking for a new bike and the SL series had caught my eye but I am not going...
  4. D

Carbon road rim on a MTB

It seems alloy are pretty flexible but carbon seem to be pretty specific. So carbon road/cyclocross, Okay for light MTB/race use?
  5. D

Carbon road rim on a MTB

Thats the direction I am heading. The rim I am looking at is a road/cyclocross.
  6. D

Carbon road rim on a MTB

I already have great wheelsets for both bikes. What I am looking for is a spare wheelset for the case when one or the other is taken offline. crash, broken spokes, failure
  7. D

Carbon road rim on a MTB

The only issue with MTB rims is the low pressure. Generally between 40 and 60psi. un-workable for road. Also width can cause difficulties when running a 25mm tyre
  8. D

Carbon road rim on a MTB

Abstract question but there is a reason. Thoughts on using a carbon road rim on a MTB, primarily XC. rim diameter is the same. weights are about the same. Rims are slightly heavier but that could be to support the 100+ psi of the road tyre. Have a Giant Defy Disc. Also have a 29" race...
  9. D

Dirt jump versus Street bike?

Forks are 1 1/8 straight with 20mm through axle.
  10. D

And rocshox revelation forks
  11. D

I have an old pair of mavic MTB wheels on Hope hubs. Should be OK?
  12. D

There is a local frame builder here in WA. http://www.descendence.com, thinking the architect is the way to go if I can get a rear hanger and cable run for rear gears just in case
  13. D

Any special forks? Travel?
  14. D

Just curious, whats the difference between these bikes, style and geometry? 26" wheel's? What would be used at the skate park? My 6yo is enjoying the local skate park so through I would join her and try to add some skills. Thanks