Recent content by gaylord-forker

1. gaylord-forker

Jet Black 12 hours

WOW, the traffic on that first lap was terrible. I'm glad I was third man out on our team.
  2. gaylord-forker

Woodford Glenbrook Classic entries now open

It was my first time in the Careflight classic, and I really enjoyed it. Finished in 52mins, with a max heart rate of 209BPM. My legs were toast for the last 4km. Having never done the last few km's into Eureka before, I arsed up the tight right-hander just before the grass. Didn't come off...
  3. gaylord-forker

Rock Shox Reverb - Most days diamonds, some days absolute rubbish

I received a Rockshox Reverb for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Fitting it was easy and as per most user reviews out there on the net I bled the system straight away. When I tackled my first rock garden decent it worked really well. It gave me more room to move around the rear of the...
  4. gaylord-forker

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Well I'm not a happy camper. I now have a crack right were my top tube and seat post meet. Right next to the weld. A few months old, the best bike I ever owned, and now its cracked. Would love to take it back from where I bought it, but i moved interstate recently, so now i have to go...
  5. gaylord-forker

I replaced my bar with a carbon riser, as I like a little more give in the bar. Stock item was to rigid for me. I don’t have an issue with the rims. I’m a fat bastard, so I can’t go lighter items anyway.
  6. gaylord-forker

I was lucky enough to only bend the crap out of my chain on the weekend. It twisted in the front derailer. I went off the gas straight away, which i gather stopped it form snapping. I hope this isn't a regular thing.
  7. gaylord-forker

I hit the oaks firetrail over the weekend. Strapped the ContourHD to the handlebars. I think i'll stick to the helmet mount from now on. Way to jumpy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDiMCBUY1M8 What owning the Anthem 29er has proved to me, is that you can buy talent. This bike just...
  8. gaylord-forker

I get the same thing. Its defiantly not the seat, because I transferred the seat of my old bike and it still creaks. Its somewhere near where the post and frame meet. I have a medium.
  9. gaylord-forker

My brakes are only noisy in the wet. But that's expected. Rode the beast in the 90km Gong ride on sunday. Man this thing rolls! Suckers on tiny tyre road bikes were stacking hard on the downhill on the wet NP roads.
  10. gaylord-forker

I went for a quick ride in the rain today, 90% tarmac. And man i ate a lot of muddy water. That front tyre just picks up everything and spits it right at you. I figure enough of that, and am looking for a mud guard. The only one i can see that doesn't rely on fitment under the head is...
  11. gaylord-forker

I picked up my beast on saturday and saturday arvo I was out on a local trail. Ahh the outdoors... http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=185776&d=1287403951&thumb=1&stc=1