Recent content by jezzaboogie

1. J

Advice on unwanted insurance replacement bike

Thanks for all the replies! We were originally advised they would pay out cash, but now they have changed their story. Will keep pushing...
  2. J

Advice on unwanted insurance replacement bike

I'm sorting out replacing a couple of stolen bikes with our insurance company. I have no interest in one of the replacement bikes (value is >$5000) and I'm looking for tips on what to do. Basically, I'll probably never ride the bike or even have it built up and will look to sell it straight...
  3. J

STOLEN STOLEN: Banshee Paradox hardtail, black, Hobart TAS

Yep absolutely. It's been awesome! Now it's doing nothing. Stupid waste. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  4. J

STOLEN Niner Jet 9, small, black

Bike: Niner Jet 9 Colour: black Date it was stolen: 6/11/2017 Where it was stolen: Mount Stuart, Hobart, TAS Specs: small frame Other Descriptions: Fox fork (white), Crank brother stem, blue pedals, Race Face pedals (blue) Pictures: see below Another awesome bike. Help us get it back...
  5. J

STOLEN STOLEN: Banshee Paradox hardtail, black, Hobart TAS

Bike: Banshee Paradox, hardtail Colour: black Date it was stolen: 6/11/2017 Where it was stolen: Mount Stuart, Hobart, TAS Specs: med frame size, white Rock Shox fork, Rock Shox reverbe seat post, Crank Brothers Candy pedals (black) Pictures: see below Awesome bike, help me get it back...
  6. J

Bar ends

Definitely look worth trying. I'm getting a new bike that doesn't have bar ends. Will be interesting to see how I go after years of riding with them.
  7. J

Bar ends

Nice one. Is there something you insist you have on your bike? My bar ends I couldn’t do without. A painter has a signature in their paint, the bar ends are my signature. 90 percent of riders don’t use them, but I think it’s an advantage as you can open more of your chest, breathe better...
  8. J

Bar ends

This seems like the most reasonable explanation. This has already been "discussed" here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?248715-Bar-Ends-Yes-or-No&highlight=bar+ends
  9. J

Bar ends

Bar ends for mountain biking, what happened? I still use mine whenever climbing but they seem to have gone to the wayside on new bikes. What's the deal?
  10. J

You know you're getting old when ...

You join a new forum only to discover you are a "vet".
  11. J

Most mind bending movies you've seen

River of Fundament, Matthew Barney. Here's a screenshot: http://res.artnet.com/news-upload/2014/02/river-of-fundament-review-02.jpg
  12. J

Hi from Hobart

I meant the point of the *post* was to accentuate the killjoy aspect.
  13. J

Hi from Hobart

I gathered that was the point!
  14. J

Buying a hardtail 29er

Yep, absolutely. Probably the only thing holding me back was that up until today I thought I was a xc bike. Will have to think it over...
  15. J

Hi from Hobart

Had a (very) brief ride on a 27.5 this morning. Dunno, seems like a bit of a boring half-way house to me!