Recent content by John Muldoon

1. John Muldoon

what's your winter kit?

haha....yeah I'm thinking I may need to go from sleeveless to short sleeves soon. :pound:
  2. John Muldoon

Giant Contact dropper woes - pivoting saddle

I've also had the same problem on my 2013 Reign. Tightened the bolt so tight I stripped it trying to swap my saddle. Had to bash an oversized hex adapter into it just to get it off. Since then I completely cleaned it of grease and crap. Put in a new bolt and it hasn't slipped since.
  3. John Muldoon

Crash Pics Thread

Me at Pipeline - Gap Creek about a year ago. No broken bones but lots of missing skin. Video here -> http://youtu.be/halJ3c7puX0 "][/URL]
  4. John Muldoon

How to break your collarbone

Know that feeling for sure.....It's all part of the game hey :-) Get well.
  5. John Muldoon

Torque Wrench?

This one has served me well... Good price too http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/ToolPro-Torque-Wrench-1-4-.aspx?pid=214303#Recommendations
  6. John Muldoon

Help with my first MTB

My first bike was a Merida. I've since learnt you pay more for less with them. I'd recommend a Giant. You should be able to get a suitable Talon in the right price range.
  7. John Muldoon

South East Queensland Racing!

Howdy downhillers, I'm looking at doing some DH races this year. I'm capable but not fast. Basically just want to give it a go and hopefully build up some more confidence to do the big jumps. Question. I'm 42. Which category is less competitive? Veterans, Masters or Sport? Cheers
  8. John Muldoon

CRC 60% off disc brakes currently

Yep Elixir 1's are super cheap at the moment. I've had XT brakes in my cart for a few weeks now, hoping they'll drop soon.
  9. John Muldoon

[AM] Giant Reign 2

Nah its for the chain striking from underneath. I have since put on the Shimano Zee derailleur so it shouldn't be needed now. I've actually just removed it and the top chainguide. See how it goes this weekend. It now looks a lot tidier too.
  10. John Muldoon

[AM] Giant Reign 2

Cheers. different seat on it now. Dabomb Urbanizer off my DH bike. Now it needs a new seat :) more money. When will it end? lol
  11. John Muldoon

[AM] Giant Reign 2

Thanks for the feedback. I've been happy with the revelation and it takes abuse on DH tracks. I think you're right about the chainring. Looked better with a silver chain. Might go a black one
  12. John Muldoon

[AM] Giant Reign 2

I have looked and I want but not for $3.5k - $7.5k.
  13. John Muldoon

[AM] Giant Reign 2

The wheels or tyres? Both tyres are folding. Much lighter than the dual ply wirebead DH tyres I previously had on :) Also the flow ex's I just got are way lighter than the stock Giant/DT Swiss rims.
  14. John Muldoon

[AM] Giant Reign 2

Bike: Giant Reign2 - 2013 Upgrades from stock Wheels: ZTR Flow Ex - Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee Shadow+ Shifter: Shimano Zee Cassette: Shimano XT Pedals: Shimano Saint Chainring: Raceface 34t Narrow Wide Chainguide: Blackspire Einfachx Chain: KCM 10Speed SL Gold...
  15. John Muldoon

Mountain bike riders deliberately hurt as tracks sabotaged with rocks logs: Nerang

Who's ill-informed? I didn't read anything of this nature :crazy: