Recent content by lachie-roberts

1. lachie-roberts

Worlds Ugliest Bike

chainring?? how does that chainring work?
  2. lachie-roberts

Alternative to Chain reaction?

Cheers Cheers for the help guys Much appreciated
  3. lachie-roberts

Alternative to Chain reaction?

Hey all, For some reason the Chain Reaction Cycles website doesn't like my computer, and the computer freezes up whenever I try to go on it (probably time for a new computer...) I was just wondering if theres another massive online bike shop that might work (one in Australia would bereally...
  4. lachie-roberts

Specialized p2 frame and parts- Gauging buyer interest

Righto Sorry about that guys Thanks heaps
  5. lachie-roberts

Re I have trading access, but I wasn't sure if it was the right area to post, seeing as I'm not actually selling anything at the moment
  6. lachie-roberts

I'm not exactly sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but a mate of mine is think of selling his Specialized p2 frame, Bottom bracket, stem, headset, pretty much everything except the drivetrain (all stock parts, but pretty good: 06 DJ 3 forks, cane creek headset, avid BB 7 brakes)...
  7. lachie-roberts

Getting started in DH questions

I'm sorry guys, I really am, for the amount of questions I have put into this one thread. I don't have a DH bike yet, but looking into getting a rig. How do you go about entering races? I know you need a license or something, but am I better off heading down to a few competitions to watch...
  8. lachie-roberts

Choosing parts/choosing what I want to do

Hey all, I have a work in progress bike ('06 DMR Trailstar II) and I've been gradually swapping out the (awful) parts from my old bike, a Giant Thermo 2. So I've got to the point where I've swapped out the frame, the brakes, the rear wheel, cranks and BB for better parts and chucked an SS...
  9. lachie-roberts

My New Trailstar

haha yeah i just have to find some way of getting money....
  10. lachie-roberts

My New Trailstar

WORK IN PROGRESS. my 06 dmr trailstar 2. The forks, wheels, and bars are from my shite old Giant and I'm hoping to get new ones as soon as I decide what. The setup (so far) is: Frame- '06 DMR Trailstar 2 Fork- RockShox Dart 2 Bar- No name Giant Stem- Easton DH Vice Headset- Da Bomb...
  11. lachie-roberts

VIC Sold

hmm First off are they still available? Also, i'm not really a brake expert so if i give them to my local bike shop would they be able to cut the brake cable down cause I have a relatively short frame? Cheers
  12. lachie-roberts

Forks

thanks alot, my cutting skills probably dont make the cut (bad pun intended) so I think its a job for the bike shop. yeah. the steerer tube. thats it.
  13. lachie-roberts

Forks

Hey The tubey (whatever its called) thing on my forks is too long, and it sticks out at the top, I know you can put spacers in but I dont like the look of it. Is fixing this just a matter of haxsawing off a few centimetres? Or should I let a bike shop do it. Cheers
  14. lachie-roberts

forks problem

thanks pebble, ahhh that all makes sense i'll try and get a bigger fork, but if i cant I think i'll ask dmr what they reckon. i have seen trailstars with rigid forks though