Recent content by Magoo74

1. M

WTB - old, working 26 inch forks. 100-120mm travel. straight steerer. disk compatible

Item: I'm after some cheap forks for the young fellas hardtail. 100-120mm travel. Disk brake compatible. And a straight steerer. And QR compatible. Location: Cairns Price range: $50-$150 Extra info: At this price Id be happy with thrashed old fox's or rock shox (so long as they're still...
  2. M

Specialized riders - sizing question

I'm keen for some feedback on your height vs frame size. I'm 185cm and recently test rode a large size Enduro 29er. The fit was good, but felt just a little too short in length for me. When It comes to purchase time (I'm now leaning towards the Stumpjumper 29er evo), maybe I need the XL...
  3. M

Trail/AM wheels for a 90kg guy with poor technique.....

Anyone gone for the straight pull Hope hubs? If so, what are your thoughts? Is it just a bling thing?
  4. M

Alternatives to isopropyl alcohol?

I use Isocol. You can get it at coles. It's usually in with the medicines.
  5. M

Tips to make a Anthem more trail oriented

I've just put 120mm revelations on my anthem 29er, and swapped the 100mm stem for 80mm. Feels much better than stock form. Rides great too. It is my second frame, I've been on it for about 2-2.5 years after cracking the first (usual spot - seat tube/top tube junction) But like the other guys...
  6. M

Will these forks fit my 2012 Anthem 29er?

thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to complicate the issue, here goes! It's actually a 2013 X0 frame (http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bikes/model/anthem.x.29er/12065/58351/#specifications) But with 2011 forks (Fox FIT RLC) - the reason being it was a warranty job when i cracked...
  7. M

Wanted: 120-130mm travel 29er forks

Please delete post
  8. M

Will these forks fit my 2012 Anthem 29er?

I'm looking for a 120mm travel fork for the anthem and found these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2014-RockShox-32-Revelation-RLT-MTB-29-Suspension-Fork-120mm-Travel-White-/360955951076?pt=US_Forks&hash=item540aa6b7e4 The Anthem has the overdrive headset (1.5 - 1.1/8) and currently running fox...
  9. M

The Walking Dead

piratebay will get you sorted Bryce
  10. M

Which lower headset bearing - Anthem 29er Alloy - Giant/FSA Overdrive headset?

The lower bearing on my anthem headset is rooted. I know the obvious answer is to remove the bearing and take it to the LBS, but I'm wondering if anyone knows which one I need and can point me in the right direction to buy online. thank you
  11. M

Missing Malaysian flight

Funny we are only hearing this bit of news today: Meanwhile, a New Zealander working on an oil rig off the coast of Vietnam reportedly saw a burning object in the sky about the time the missing Malaysia Airlines flight is believed to have crashed. Flight MH370 dropped out of sight an hour...
  12. M

Free Bike App

cheers dude
  13. M

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

Update - New Frame Happy ending to this story - Giant supplied a new frame and I picked up the rebuilt bike yesterday. I got the 2013 X0 frame which looks great with the blue bits from the 2011 29er. No charge for swapping the parts over either. Thanks Giant! Thanks Bicycle Centre Cairns!