Recent content by Oldas

1. O

Giant XTC composite frame size??

Anyone know anything about the 2013 xtc seat post recall?
  2. O

Shaving your balls.

Havnt been on the Burner for a while, I log in and what do I see almost straight away. Shaving your Balls! Classic Rotorburn.
  3. O

Lysty - too wet?

You Yangs was absolute perfection today. If your looking for somewhere to ride its well worth it ATM . Super tacky trails with hardly any puddles on either side of the park. Good choice while letting Lysty dry, hopefully in time for summer :)
  4. O

Lysty - too wet?

Ok thanks.
  5. O

Lysty - too wet?

How's it looking on the trails this week?
  6. O

Is Strava putting other MTB Riders and the general public at risk?

I believe that if you set your account to private only approved 'friends' can view your ride details. This keep you on local leaderboards and your privacy safe. Or am I wrong?
  7. O

Post your 29er!

Good choice Softek. I've loved mine for the last year, a really awesome machine. Plenty of flex in the rear and a very nice fork. I am happy with the XO brakes however, as long as they get serviced. Enjoy!
  8. O

Do platforms on clipless pedals really make any difference?

I used to wonder this to. Used the crankbros candy pedals when I started before switching to eggbeaters. I like the less is more feel. I think it's more a mental/confidence thing where the rider feels more secure with a small platform. I have not really had a soft soled XC shoe so can't say...
  9. O

VIC VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th , Fri Feb 8th , Sat March 2nd

Any entrant is a legitimate rider and entitled to ride the course as best as their ability allows. If someone is giving you grief about anything then they should be removing themselves from racing not you. Maybe they should be overseas if they are that awesome. The slower rider has right of way...
  10. O

VIC VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th , Fri Feb 8th , Sat March 2nd

Probably just early enough to miss it you would think. Or one would hope.
  11. O

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Hi mate We were referring mainly to the solo categories. Being one for 40+ females in the 6hr but nothing for 40+ female over 3hrs. If I have read the website incorrectly apologies. Cheers
  12. O

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Everything looks attractive but Have you have missed the mark for 40+ women. I would have thought if you want more woman in events then offering a 40+ category in the 3 hour would be the logical step. Surely the more professional female riders will do the 6hour with 40+ riders being attracted...
  13. O

Yarra Trails regulars

keeping in mind you will be excluded from any leader boards within that zone I think?
  14. O

Granite grind and what to expect.

Hey mate, thanks for the details. I am looking into a HD hero3 black edition to get into something along the lines of what you are doing. Obviously Sony Vegas is a big part of the deal but it's not cheap. I have some friends that do pretty good gaming vids on youtube using that program. The link...
  15. O

Granite grind and what to expect.

Thumbs Up! Mate I love this place, I love the focus required. Definitely best on a dually however after initially taking my carbon hardtail first time haha. I've had so much fun there myself definitely great trails and worth the trip. Can I ask about your Camera setup, type and mounting...