Recent content by peep

1. peep

off-bike training

Darn winter - so little daylight! I commute about 8k a day on my do-everything bike, but its not enough to keep the fitness level up. Running is great for cardio and stamina - stops my legs from burning half way down a track. I have been doing some core strength excercises as well which are...
  2. peep

Must have gear for female riders!!!

hey emma, theres heaps of goggles out there now that are not too expensive and come in funky colors - including pink if thats your thing. Oakleys, Utopia, Smith and Blur spring to mind (review on front page of farkin), and I think Fox have some coming out as well. Probably most...
  3. peep

Introducing the Girls

How rude, I started posting before introducing myself! Hi all, I'm Pip. I'm from sunny Brisbane, and currently spend most of my daylight hours out at UQ struggling to finish my PhD (virology). I ride a Norco 4by as a commuter, XC and DH when I can. Been riding about 3 years now and...
  4. peep

Racing

Nicely put... Its great to see so many girls getting keen! Hi SCF - I know what you mean about the expense of a full DH rig, its a bit too much for a dodgy student like myself! I've got a great compromise at the moment - a short travel duallie which I do everything on (commute, XC, DH)...
  5. peep

Racing

Hi all, I'm from Brissy and have attended a few DH events and competed in one (whoo!). I'm definately keen to have a proper go at racing next season, and would love to see other girls have a go as well - I don't think there were many girls racing this year at all in QLD... I think that...
  6. peep

down hilling with dogs

I think you have to be careful with training dogs to follow bikes, especially hardcore working ones like collies - the last thing you want is a dog obsessed with chasing every bike it comes across and nipping at people! Probably the best thing to do is teach the dog to heel when walking...
  7. peep

Ipswich End of the Month Club Race - Downhill.

ok guys, sorry for the delay but here are a few photos from the day. I had a bit of a shocker so there aren't too many - sorry if I didn't get a decent one of you! pm me if you want any full size for your pool room... pip
  8. peep

Ipswich End of the Month Club Race - Downhill.

I've got a few from the day, will post them up when I get home.
  9. peep

Cyclist Shot at in Melbourne

:shock: And you thought the roads were safe! from news.com.au Arrests over 'drive-by' cyclist shooting November 17, 2004 FOUR men have been arrested after an alleged "drive-by" shooting of a cyclist with an air rifle in Melbourne. Police allege a man leant out of the window of a...
  10. peep

valley fiesta - hilltop hoods

Agreed, it wasn't the best concert in the world - They obviously didn't plan for the huge numbers of people that turned up and the crowd was a bit out of control. Mind you, I was there for Butterfingers on Friday night and it was even worse - the police shut it down about 15min early. But...
  11. peep

The official TDF thread

All those with Fox sports consider themselves envied! For those too lazy to grab the TV guide: SBS is showing highlights at 6pm each night (Brissy time) which are repeated around 12 to 2am for the nightowls. I'm pretty sure it was in another thread but we should get 2 live stages on free...
  12. peep

Biker chix

So it will be on again? Excellant! Hope you get yourself all mended by that time ruthlessgirl :D And yeah, it is a bit of a trek from Brissy but I'm happy to sacrifice a few hours in the car for a couple of days at thredbo.
  13. peep

Biker chix

Great to see more girls around - it was awesome to see so many racing at the Magpie Creek DH! Just thought I'd ask if anyone online went to the Womens Weekend at Thredbo at the beginning of this year? I was thinking about giving it a go next year (provided its on and I have the moolah :) )
  14. peep

SE QLD Sunshide Series Round 1 - Photos

Thanks for the compliments guys - I reckon the good-luck-photo fairy was with me on Sunday! But it was hard not to get good photos with so much talent on the track! Props to everyone who was there riding (and supporting). If anyone wants larger version of the pics pm me and I can arrange to...
  15. peep

REMINDER TO EVERYONE!! SBS, 11:AM TOMORROW! EILDEN IS ON!

I thought on the whole it was pretty well put together, at least they showed a bit of each style. But womens DH?? Come on fellas i was hanging out for that!