Recent content by pinkgoat

1. P

Thredbo 2012-13

Fair enough. I really enjoy riding Thredbo, but it has changed very little in the years I have been riding there. I just don't believe that one jump (bar the layout at the finish which change every couple of years anyway) is an evolution. Full credit to the management over recent years as...
  2. P

Thredbo 2012-13

I think 'always evolving' is pushing it, dont you think?
  3. P

10sp derailleur on 9sp cassette?

Haha this is great. Yeah basically I want to run a shadow plus/clutch derailleur but don't want to cough up for a whole new drivetrain. I've had a look at that sheldon brown site and a bit more google trawling.. If it isn't going to work perfectly then I'm not going to do it, I might have to...
  4. P

Bringing this back after a couple of months, would it work with a 10sp shifter & derailleur on a 9sp cassette? I've rung a few (supposedly reputable) bikeshops and gotten different answers each time..
  5. P

Whistler 2012

Heading over on the 7 July until the 20th with a few others. Anyone got any tips for airport transfers/shuttles?
  6. P

Apologies if this is a noob question, but is it possible to run a 10sp derailleur on a 9sp shifter/drivetrain? Either SRAM or Shimano? Are there differences in pull ratios or limit issues? With the release of Shadow plus/type2/clutch etc. deraillleurs I would love to put one on my bike...
  7. P

Whistler 2012

Anyone got any Info for flights? I've been told to avoid the cheap chinese ones (around 2K inc. baggage), and we have pretty much decided on Air Canada ($2600 - $100 more than Qantas, but flies direct). I have heard from a couple of people however not to book yet and hold out for AC...
  8. P

All Mountain Wheelsets

New profile hubs are nice but super expensive.. Plus their QC in the past hasn't been the greatest. Anyone had any experience with the superstar or similar 120pt hubs? 300g/120pt engagements for the same price as a Hope certainly grabbed my eye..
  9. P

AM HT frames...That aren't fugly

Came across this the other day, It's an online mag from the UK: http://wideopenmag.co.uk/magazine/issue-17 That's the current issue which has a shootout between a Stanton Slackline, Ragley Piglet and a Dialled Alpine - Might be worth a look.
  10. P

Newtons Nation and Rocky Trail Entertainment are joining forces in 2012

Well at least the scooter competition will be awesome..
  11. P

XT Trail/M785 Brakes for DH?

Anyone had any time on the new XT brakes? My elixirs have shit themselves and I dont want anymore Avids, but don't want to cough up for Saints or Formulas either. Thoughts?
  12. P

2012 Products Thread

Not only this, but to me they seem inferior to what is out there at the moment. Oversized arms, dual pinchbolts - are they serious? Have a look at the newer crop of cranks on real BMX bikes (eg, Fly, Odyssey, Eclat, and of course Profile), they are all using 2 piece designs, and...
  13. P

Average Speed Cameras between Moby Dick's & Caloundra.

Anyone know about the ones in NSW? Went past the couple in between Lithgow and Bathurst the other day but were'nt sure if they were heavy vehicle only..
  14. P

2012 Products Thread

I will own this one day: Lots of photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tfj77/
  15. P

2012 Products Thread

KCNC 11 - 38 Cassette KCNC Chainring More Reverse Pedals (275g, without Ti axle as far as I can tell) Also, from a couple of weeks ago, the new POC VPD2 Suit