Recent content by Rambler

1. Rambler

2012 Highland Fling

A late blog but I am lucky to be writing a blog at all after that day. http://www.mattnash.com.au/blog/2012/11/pleasure-and-pain/
  2. Rambler

2012 Highland Fling

We have had bugger all rainfall up here. The course would be perfect at this present time. I will be running crossmarks.
  3. Rambler

World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships, 1999 - 2012.

Wow! From a mega successful 2010 with a massive 400 solo riders to a cancelled event in 2011 and now again in 2012. I guess its all about location, location, location.
  4. Rambler

2012 Highland Fling

This might help you as well. I did a little bit of a comparison on all the 100km races I have entered on my blog including the Highland Fling and the Otway. http://www.mattnash.com.au/blog/2011/10/100km-mtb-races/
  5. Rambler

12 Apostles MTB race

The press release with more details is tomorrow. I am keen for either this or Terra Australis!
  6. Rambler

Tathra MTB Enduro APRIL 22, 2012 UPDATE

I can't do the race this year although I did it last year. It was a great event with fantastic singletrack. A large part of the reason that the singletrack was so memorable were the bridges. I have to agree with elsewhere on this one. If you can't ride it, walk it. Many people travel large...
  7. Rambler

ACT 2012 Australian 24hr Solo MTB Championships

Didn't see any squirrels although I swear I was seeing a gorilla. Turned out to be those big gu bins on course. Got me every time. My updated blog. http://www.mattnash.com.au/blog/2012/04/2012-australian-24hr-solo-mtb-championships/
  8. Rambler

Well run event, perfect weather and a tough course although a course befitting of a national standard. My first 8 hours weren't good due to stomach issues and a nice OTB on that bitch of a left hand corner in auto alley. I got better during that night and actually started having fun although...
  9. Rambler

Just rode the course. Awesome! Congrats and thanks to all those that worked on it.
  10. Rambler

I hope that forecasted rain for Canberra stays away in the next couple of weeks. I rode two very different trails on the weekend. A super quick, dry Kowen after everyone had disappeared at the Mont and a soggy Majura. Majura was okay as long as you stayed high on the slopes. The lower slopes...
  11. Rambler

Mountains To Beach some pics

It looked like a formidable test for riders and machines!
  12. Rambler

The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2012

Last night, unfortunately, the Highlands had a staggering amount of rain which has continued all of today and has only just stopped. Postponing was the only sensible option by the organisers.
  13. Rambler

The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2012

Apparently, its fine although as to be expected, a little wet in patches. The trail is one of the best draining courses in NSW. All it needs is 24 hours of no rain which it looks like it will get on either Friday or Saturday and it will be ready to race on.
  14. Rambler

Capital Punishment - local advice

The few capital Punishment Tickets coming up on rotorburn have been selling like hotcakes lately. The tide is starting to turn with the fear of bad weather. If the rain continues, the tickets for sale will start a flood in more than one way.
  15. Rambler

MTB Cruise 100 - 25 February 2012

Yep, I did the 100miler and my Garmin came up 4km a lap short/registering 139km at the finish. I thought I must have been cheating there for a while until I determined there were no other alternatives in the course. (Seriously, why cheat (on purpose)-you would have to be a knob). Very tough and...