Recent content by Roy Turner

1. R

Lets talk geo

All about those reviews, I've been spending a week trying to organise a time but it seems we both live lives of traveling for work. Seems to work out at the same time though so no one else is going to have a chance to take a look either. Another thread pointed me over to Bike Bible reviews...
  2. R

Geometry for the new guys

Thanks Stirk, Yeah, I absolutely have have been a little more specific in this post. The other was downhill oriented but this post was intended more towards enduro with the hopes of some climbing as well. More for that of gravity enduro racing. Work on weekends and having bikes on the brain...
  3. R

Geometry for the new guys

(NOT SO NINJA EDIT; this post is to explore to realm of gravity enduro riding, not that of a carbon copy post in downhill.) Over the years, particularly more recently, we have seen a race between brands to find a design of bike thats truly going to push the limits of speed, stability and...
  4. R

Lets talk geo

Over the years, particularly more recently, we have seen a race between brands to find a design of bike thats truly going to push the limits of speed, stability and capability. Big and small tweaks all over obviously make a big difference for the elite and for those of us who have spent many...
  5. R

Obligatory "new place, new face"

Hey Ezkaton, Yeah its primarily at the moment, trail/enduro is on the cards for the next edition but thats a little while away yet. Anything that points me down a hill is a trail of choice. I've been thinking about joining the VDHS, its a good option to kind of force myself to work on my...
  6. R

Victoria; the current situation.

Hey, thanks for the heads up on Barjarg! Seems there are quite a few of the tracks on private property, would have felt like a royal twat showing up to ride only to be turned away. A little hostility is fine, it seems like a similar situation back up north as to when the council and parks...
  7. R

I'm trying to get back up to kinglake more after this year's earlier stack, the ground up there is like a cheese grater! But also because Juan is a great guy and really want to support his move to Warrenbayne. Its going to be sick! But I'm looking to get up to Bright, Beauty and Falls soon. I...
  8. R

Thanks for the heads up, I should havd been a little more specific regarding trail locations and such. I dont really expect anyone to drop any spots until I've had the chance to make myself known out at the shuttles, but thanks for a few names to get me started. I also should note I'm out in...
  9. R

Obligatory "new place, new face"

Hi burners, I find myself in a bit of a bind. I've made my way south and taken up residence in Lilydale. After a bit of searching and scouring the net, I'm looking to expand my minimal group if trail mates into something a little more substantial. I've been trying to make the rounds on...
  10. R

Hi burners, I'm posting this thread to help get my head around the current situation/state of DH riding in Victoria. Bare with me. I've been down here for a year now and been riding infrequently at some of the spots around the city (unfortunately less than more of recent). Work doesnt allow...
  11. R

Dirt jumps melbourne

Croydon are definely still there, thought try to avoid them after any decent rain because the area tends to hold water fairly well in the earth. They get progressively larger throughout the set, so you could use them as a way to work up your confidence. Though, the room to bail between jumps...
  12. R

Altona Dirt Jumps (40 acres)

Im over in the eastern suburbs but I would be keen to lend a hand every so often to bring stuff like this back to life. It would be a massive shame to let something like this just fall to pieces, if anyone ever heads out there I'll bring along tools, bikes or whatever helps to get these up and...
  13. R

Weight training question

A little late to the party, but this is definitely something I can chime in on! Firstly, nice work on the training! Some weight and bodyweight training will do wonders for yourself and your riding, I've been doing powerlifting and olympic lifting for a while and its really helped me come a long...
  14. R

Ankle brace/stabilizer, what's the best?

I had a very similar injury quite a few years ago from basketball which left my right ankle pretty bad. After some considerable strength and balance work its better, but still lurks in the back of my mind on the trail. From a quick search the two I came up with were; - 661...
  15. R

Want to know why your trading access application was denied?

Well, I had that coming! First and foremost, I want to apologize for my poor attempt at trying to join the trading post. An attempt that, now after spending the time to read the rules and requirements, will no doubt be denied. I *putting hand on heart and handlebars* swear that next time I...