Recent content by rstwosix

1. rstwosix

RC4 Spring Change

Yes I use the vice and socket method. Well, it's either a socket that fits neatly over the spacer rod, or a piece of pipe the right size for the job.
  2. rstwosix

New Saint, now with Zee.

Zee cranks look like re badged Deore, which makes sense because the current Deore is way stronger than XT. Zee is a stupid name.
  3. rstwosix

Shimano Saint Cranks?

You can use the standard Saint to suit 68/73mm BB. The other option with Saint is 83mm BB for DH bikes. Do not buy 83mm. You should be able to buy Saint with or without chain rings and in 165mm, 170mm and 175mm crank arm length.
  4. rstwosix

A few Q's please on changing from 8spd to 10spd Now with Video

Yeah go for the upgrade. Your wife will love the 10 speed. Changing from old school cartridge BB to Hollowtech External BB is ok - and remember everything you use including derallieurs must be 10 speed.
  5. rstwosix

A few Q's please on changing from 8spd to 10spd Now with Video

Yes, I think you're right. We see wheels like this in out workshop quite often. They are at the lower quality end of the Shimano range, but they still work ok.
  6. rstwosix

handlebar and stem length calculator?

You're welcome. Unfortunately it sounds like the trails you ride are textbook singletrack made for skinny bars. Wide bars are becoming the standard, (XC racers will be the last to see the light) so trails will eventually all be wider. I build my own trails, so they cater for any width. All the...
  7. rstwosix

handlebar and stem length calculator?

Here's a new idea for you. Ditch your old school ideas and get with the program. Fit a short stem 50 or 60mm and wide bars 780mm. Ride the bike for a month to get the feel for it. Change your riding style for climbing (lean more forward) and let 'er rip on the descents - love the steering...
  8. rstwosix

Parents put the brakes on children riding their bikes to school

Parents are overprotective. Scared to let their kids out of their sight - which (as someone has already pointed out) is probably a result of watching sensationalist tabloid news. Australia is becoming a nation of spoiled, overprotected, over indulged, over weight dummies
  9. rstwosix

Why Giant?

Danny Hart already has an upgrade which is unavailable to the public until 2013. His has a slacker head angle and lower bottom bracket which was what was needed to fix the current Glory. A Kona Operator is a better option to buy now as it has great geometry already.
  10. rstwosix

29'er Angst!

I couldn't agree with you more. Me - I'm happy riding my 6" travel 26er. I just threw in the 650b thang to show that if you've got 26/29er angst - it's only gonna get worse. This industry is going crazy. We bike mechanics in our workshop are getting really jaded with all this so called...
  11. rstwosix

29'er Angst!

The wheel war ain't over yet by a long shot. Look out - here comes the the 650b. Word in the industry has it the big bike brands are tooling up to make 650b (271/2") bikes as they see it as the perfect compromise between 26" and 29". The 29er idea came from riders who pushed it for years (it...
  12. rstwosix

New Intense Uzzi

Love it! Perfect geometry. I'd have one in a flash if I had the cash.
  13. rstwosix

Are minion DHR 2ply too heavy for me?

1. Virtually everybody who uses Minions use Front versions on both ends, so I wouldn't buy the rears. They would be selling them cheap because they're unpopular. 2. The 2.5 Super Tacky (42A) is a fantastic tyre for DH runs, but at around 1200g it is heavy and slow on an XC ride. 3. As...
  14. rstwosix

chain device for xt 2x10

Yes MRP 2X is the go!
  15. rstwosix

Riding around mogo and Bermagui?

About 1.5 hours