Recent content by spewyogrady

1. spewyogrady

Custom titanium roadie!

Wow best thing I have seen on here for years...form and function.
  2. spewyogrady

The Fixie Thread

second time lucky....... Finally got around to doing up the Council clean-up Zeus that's been hanging in the garage for the last year. Unfortunately the left hand side crank arm has a hairline crack. Does anyone have a left hand side, fluted, plain, campag/zeus style crankarm - square taper...
  3. spewyogrady

Post your Roadie

Good afternoon - need help Finally got around to doing up the Council clean-up Zeus that's been hanging in the garage for the last year. Unfortunately the left hand side crank arm has a hairline crack. Does anyone have a left hand side, fluted, plain, campag/zeus style crankarm - square taper...
  4. spewyogrady

Wanted- 170MM Left hand road campag/zeus crank

170MM left hand crank arm, fluted, square taper, Zeus/Campag, any other plain fluted old style crank arm Sydney willing to pay - what it's worth
  5. spewyogrady

Help with crankset ID

Hello, please can anyone assist in helping me identify which model these are..they do not have the date diamond ID stamped on the back which could mean they are pre 1973? The only marking on the back is "172.5". The spider arms are hollowed out rather than fluted. The rings are 52-42 the large...
  6. spewyogrady

The Fixie Thread

Help Can anyone help with ID'ing this crankset. I would think it is Super Record or Nouvo Record but the only images I can find of those do not have the flutes on the spider arms hollowed out. Anyone know what these are? There is no date triangle on the back of the crank arms. They came off a...
  7. spewyogrady

Post Your Roadie !

Supercommuter The Fuji turned up it's toes so went schlepping around looking for a new frame. Turramurra had a couple of these out the back. Who knew?
  8. spewyogrady

New commuting frame

thanks yeah, I am a garage sale fiend and bought and sold a couple of Cro-mo roadies just before xmas..one being a very tasty Gitane Champion that maybe I should have hung on to..but never mind. I am looking more for an equivalent to the Fuji, ie as light and responsive. If I didn't live in a...
  9. spewyogrady

New commuting frame

I think I have found a crack in my trusty Fuji Team. If I had to replace the frame, do all manufacturers sell framesets as well as complete bikes? How much would I be looking at for a replacement aluminium or even steel frame? Can you just go and buy a Cannondale CAAD frame for example?? What...
  10. spewyogrady

Helmet for a fat head

I was having the same problems and got a large Giro eclipse a while back..seems fine..wasn't the MET called the Testa Grosso "Fat head" last year. "Predatore" must be sexier and not quite so derogatory. I think the Giro is 60-62 cm. 61-64 is pretty big.:)
  11. spewyogrady

The Fixie Thread

Centurion for sale hey Tristan23 "To be honest i'll take anything I can put some fixed wheels on and will fit me. My problem is sizing, because i'm after something between 49 and 54cm, which is considered small, apparently." I just listed this on Ebay..have look..could be perfect for...
  12. spewyogrady

Best Hip Hop Album Ever.

25 yrs later Various - Enjoy! Label: New York Connexion Catalog#: NYL 500 Format: 2 x Vinyl, 12" Country: UK Released: 1983 Genre: Hip Hop Style: Notes: Compiled by Bobby Robinson of Enjoy Records and Disc O'Dell of Y Records. Both records play at 45rpm. Cover...
  13. spewyogrady

Ricky Ricardo - Retro Roadie Rig

Ricco Ricardo's yeah, it was mainly use for nipping up to the skatepark/shops to check on the kids when I didn't want to clip in. Was a bit too small for me so felt a bit perilous in the big ring down in the high quality tsieng lung drops that felt like they were made out of tin foil. If I find...
  14. spewyogrady

Ricky Ricardo - Retro Roadie Rig

Vive la Viva This was my Ricardo Viva + Council Clean up retro bars... Pub/video shop bike...until garage space became a premium and I flogged it on Ebay...
  15. spewyogrady

Braidwood

Anyone in Braidwood? If I was going down for the weekend is there a (slow)Saturday or Sunday morning bunch/coffee ride? Thought it would be a good way to have a wee look around. thanks