The Fixie Thread

'Ross

Eats Squid
I think he just resents new people asking questions because it detracts from his attention seeking.
The mysterious and elusive christo returns:eek:

I think you will even agree this thread has evolved from healthy banter to mindless dribble...though you would never admit it.

Jaumet

Likes Dirt
What's freeking boring is when people complain about how boring something is...

Why don't you spice things up 'Ross? So dumb asses like me can admire your awesomeness?

P.S thanks to the guys who helped me work out where my lockring tools was, i managed to get the fixed cog and lockring on no worries by myself and have been riding fixed for a coupla weeks now!!

'Ross

Eats Squid
i managed to get the fixed cog and lockring on no worries by myself and have been riding fixed for a coupla weeks now!!
You managed to do this?.....By Yourself?

They should be giving out nobel prizes for this sort of achievement:rolleyes:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Reverse Garbage and The Bower, Cheeky Monkey, Deus, 2 different mates houses, some random house in Leichhardt that always has bikes out the front for sale, a garage sale (who holds a garage sale on a Friday anyway?), and the Nunnery. It felt like the whole day anyway. Especially when I came away with nothing.

Ebay it is...

Unless anyone else has alternatives?

squirel1

Likes Bikes
Reverse Garbage and The Bower, Cheeky Monkey, Deus, 2 different mates houses, some random house in Leichhardt that always has bikes out the front for sale, a garage sale (who holds a garage sale on a Friday anyway?), and the Nunnery. It felt like the whole day anyway. Especially when I came away with nothing.

Ebay it is...

What size? You want track or road conversion?

addmin

Likes Dirt

Ebay it is...

maybe try alan sumner... i'm pretty sure he has a shop at 670 New Canterbury Rd....

he has some stuff that might be of interest to you...

he also builds and races penny farthings :D

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
What size? You want track or road conversion?
To be honest i'll take anything I can put some fixed wheels on and will fit me. My problem is sizing, because i'm after something between 49 and 54cm, which is considered small, apparently.

I'm also after something relatively cheap. Which presents another problem. I did actually find a great frame/fork today at Deus, but wasn't prepared to pay $750 for it...

maybe try alan sumner... i'm pretty sure he has a shop at 670 New Canterbury Rd....

he has some stuff that might be of interest to you...

he also builds and races penny farthings :D
Cheers dude, i'll give it a shot.

squirel1

Likes Bikes
To be honest i'll take anything I can put some fixed wheels on and will fit me. My problem is sizing, because i'm after something between 49 and 54cm, which is considered small, apparently.

I'm also after something relatively cheap. Which presents another problem. I did actually find a great frame/fork today at Deus, but wasn't prepared to pay $750 for it...

Cheers dude, i'll give it a shot.
Alan's cool but I don't think he has any frames, and he's not so forth coming in letting anybody ferreting through his stuff.

I have a road frame 53cm sq I want to get rid of. Interested?

addmin

Likes Dirt
Alan's cool but I don't think he has any frames, and he's not so forth coming in letting anybody ferreting through his stuff.
to even get to the stage of looking through his stuff you have to first find a way to get into and around his shop.....

old and eccentric for the win

spewyogrady

Likes Dirt
Centurion for sale

hey Tristan23

"To be honest i'll take anything I can put some fixed wheels on and will fit me. My problem is sizing, because i'm after something between 49 and 54cm, which is considered small, apparently."
I just listed this on Ebay..have look..could be perfect for you..52/53 seat tube but 56 top tube so you can stretch out..

Japanese made Tange 5 Centurion with Sid Patterson world champion stripes...if it was bigger I would keep it.

ditch the lime velocity bars and its a winner..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320319759166

Attachments