Recent content by Treehouse

1. T

How to deal with your local Council.

In terms of putting a proposal together, this Bike Strategy paper goes into the kind of detail that could really sell a track proposal to a council. http://www.mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/mitcham_mtb_draft_aug_05_-_no_appendix.pdf There's some single track near my...
  2. T

Best places to find secondhand bikes…

Ditto Gumtree, sometimes you'll get lucky, especially after the unwanted Christmas present season comes...
  3. T

What do your kids ride?

Ugh, tell me about it. I'm trying to get my son onto his first decent Mtb (he's 6) and the number of Huffys and Kents/Repco/NorthernStar garbage out there is so sad. Occasionally you'll see something where kiddo was on the bong too often and rich dad bought him a ful sus bike to get him out of...
  4. T

What do you ride with your kids?

Retro MTBs are the best piggybackers :-)
  5. T

looking for people to ride with.

Ha, I'm joining a thread that's active once every six months! Hoping to do some more riding when my kid goes back to school...
  6. T

What do your kids ride?

I put the 9 yr old next door on a second hand Trek 26"' (but a ladies/step through) Even though he's short, he was kind of cramped on the 24". So its not a "real" mtb, he can still go on trails without destroying it. And won't knacker himself if he comes off at speed. Like someone else...
  7. T

What do your kids ride?

We own a Byk 450-e and it is super light for a kids bike, so even a step up to the 560 would maintain the ratio. I say this as a lifelong Giant rider, the BYK bikes are the best around, superb ergonomics, super worth the money. Not too painful to ride. Their resale value is probably better...
  8. T

The Walking Dead

Im slightly spoilt on the Negan direction, having wikied the comic plot. (This is probably why they got a fairly well known and likeable actor for the part rather than a relative unknown.) But then tv and comic plots have been known to diverge. I am still here for the hint of a...
  9. T

What do you ride with your kids?

Sadly I don't come bearing pictures. My old fully-rigid Giant Iguana has become my go-to bike for pulling trailers/tag-a-longs and following young-uns who are known to stop suddenly in front of me while on a narrow path. Its been a blessing in disguise as I recently upgraded to a full-suss...
  10. T

Short Reach Bikes

I recently got a 2016 Giant Trance Small (I'm 162 cm and stumpy everywhere) My previous ride for far too long was a Giant Iguana old school with a quill stem and super long neck. Even though this bike was tiny, I suffered for years on it before getting bar risers to pull the bar back to...