How do you maintain food discipline?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My current weakness is peanut butter and honey on toast.
The toast is the only potential issue there my man...well I guess that depends on which peanut butter you're using as well. The peanut itself received some big props in a nutrition info video:

The @placebo posted a while ago in this thread:

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/seeds-pulses-nuts-and-grains.301519/

Perhaps making your own peanut butter is the win? I've done it before and it is easy and fast.

@pink poodle

Yeah I heard it was easy peasy and the that the Kraft stuff is bad news.

My dog has developed separation anxiety now she is on her own all day. One recommended strategy was kong dog toy with PB inside, will distract her at the time of our leaving when the anxiety levels are at their highest, but dogs can only eat eat the natural gear so I've bought a jar of that stuff. Gonna make my own gear next I reckon.

As for toast I go wholemeal, it's still bread but it aint that white shite (tiger rolls get a pass !!!)

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Try Pic's Peanut butter. I load up on a dozen jars when its 1/2 price at Coles or Woolies. Snack on it by the spoonful each day. No Ragrets

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Cut out Sugar completely on Saturday after a couple of days of cutting down. I only broke last night with a little palm sugar in a salad dressing. Guts felt a bit weird for a couple of days but that seems to have settled.
The lie detector just told me I've lost a kg.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
@link1896 i can smell the garlic from here !!!!
When I'm having digestive issues I always return to my old favourite garlic. That's about half a bushel in that dish :)

I'm five days into no caffeine, and about two weeks into no grains. Helps me tremendously with my digestive issues, once I solve the stress of divorce I'll be on the road to recovery, back on the bike and eclipse the fitness of 2015.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
@link1896 i love the garlic. Not sure I could go no caffeine though.

Hang in there, if you aren't biking now maybe it would help with the stress ? You mite set some koms on hill climbs:)

I've a swag of medical issues that mean caffeine is just too challenging sadly.

Trying to get the house ready to sell ASAP, market is tanking rapidly in Melbourne. Once House is listed, I'm on that bike

stirk

Burner
I've a swag of medical issues that mean caffeine is just too challenging sadly.

Trying to get the house ready to sell ASAP, market is tanking rapidly in Melbourne. Once House is listed, I'm on that bike
At least you're still exercising in other ways.

stirk

Burner
My food discipline is restraint.

Breakfast has gone from bacon and egg rolls every day to fruit.
Lunch is a little protein (20%)and salad (80%) maybe once a week I'll indulge and have a burger or bowl of noodles.
Dinner during the week healthy and balanced but small portions, kids eat more than me even though I could eat twice what they can, but then I'd be growing at the same rate as the kids and be fat.

It's hard to maintain weight, thankfully riding a mountain bike and other exercise along with a determined mind can either shed the kilo's or keep them steady.

In the last 12 months or so I've shed 10kg and got back to my fighting fit 70-75kg range.

fast during the week and indulge on the weekend is my routine