Newly Released Suspension & Components General

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Fingers crossed it doesn't start creaking immediately like the reports on mtbr of the Fox 38. Based on absolutely nothing I like the new ZEB much more than the 38....
I would love to see a test against the SR Suntour Durolux to see if either the 38 or Zeb exceed the stiffness. Reports seem to be its the one fork that rarely suffers from a creak in the crown.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...oost-rc2-15qlc-51mm-29?variant=32037989613662
https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...rc2-15qlc-44mm-29-27-5?variant=27899439677534
  • $862.50 AUD delivered (at time of posting)
These new 38mm beasts are almost clocking in double that. I've got my Durolux back in stock configuration on the G15, I can safely say that several years on it's still nailing its duties admirably. It's a brilliant fork, not just for the price, but in general.

And it comes with a bolt on fender, and easy access bleed ports, and pressure releases in the lowers as stock...not for an extra $20USDollareedoos.
Looking for a new fork in a couple of months and second hand lyrics and 36's are that price at the moment. That's very good pricing for a brand new 36 fork. Are they easy to self service and get spares for?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...oost-rc2-15qlc-51mm-29?variant=32037989613662
https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...rc2-15qlc-44mm-29-27-5?variant=27899439677534
  • $862.50 AUD delivered (at time of posting)
These new 38mm beasts are almost clocking in double that. I've got my Durolux back in stock configuration on the G15, I can safely say that several years on it's still nailing its duties admirably. It's a brilliant fork, not just for the price, but in general.

And it comes with a bolt on fender, and easy access bleed ports, and pressure releases in the lowers as stock...not for an extra $20USDollareedoos.
$704 at the moment using discount SUMMER2020

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Zaf

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Spares are sinch and on the same website under spares, then can be sorted by model. Includes replacement dampers, lowers, CSU, seals, etc. Although keep in mind that the "postage included" has a minimum spend, so might be worth grabbing spares in the original purchase or else you'll be up for big dollars in US to AU postage when you need small parts later.
I dare say you could pick up spares locally from the distro in Dandenong, Vic. Not sure on how the pricing would compare, but probably favorably once you get rid of the US shipping.

Reactions: Zaf

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
They're the easiest fork I've ever worked on and entirely self serviceable, right down to the damper (easily without special tools). I never want to touch another fucking air-spring assembly that requires you to get a purchase on a 2mm circlip that is covered in lowers oil after just getting a big wrench and undoing the retaining cap like the Suntour's do.
As Yuley noted, they also spent time in design making sure they didn't cut down too much of the material around the CSU, so they don't have any of the creaking issues that gram counters seem to (certainly not the same incidence rate).
Only downside I can think of is that the LSR can be a bit noisy if you run a fair bit of dampening on that circuit. But it's a clean operational sound. That said, some people prefer not to hear their dampers at all, so if you're one of them you'll find an issue with it there.

Spares are sinch and on the same website under spares, then can be sorted by model. Includes replacement dampers, lowers, CSU, seals, etc. Although keep in mind that the "postage included" has a minimum spend, so might be worth grabbing spares in the original purchase or else you'll be up for big dollars in US to AU postage when you need small parts later.
Have you ridden a Mezzer? Or can you compare to others? For $700 delivered the Suntour seems to be bloody good value.....if it's close to the performance of the Mezzer that'll be all the justification I need to buy another fork lol

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
How they put out a fork with $1600 + MSRP that creaks is beyond me. I stupidly got a brand new set of 36’s. Mine started within 25 hours....
That is just shit mate. I feel your pain though, my Onyx started doing the same within a week or so of Derby riding. I'm hoping it isn't a thing like the Fox have with regularity.

OTOH my Mezzer is still ploughing thru everything it's pointed at and is creak free. In fairness, Manitou did take several resupplies to get it right lol

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Improved margins
Inventory at the start of the year
Easier to manage a business
Innovation aligned with consumer demand
I see their issue but I'd think point #1 is all of it. Sure they have to make their $$$ but it isn't about the consumer unfortunately.

They said they will "take a leadership position in changing a broken system that continually leads to inventory and cash flow issues for both suppliers and retailers."

Flow-Rider

Burner
I see their issue but I'd think point #1 is all of it. Sure they have to make their $$$ but it isn't about the consumer unfortunately.

They said they will "take a leadership position in changing a broken system that continually leads to inventory and cash flow issues for both suppliers and retailers."
Yeah for sure, I wonder how many people will buy something else because they can't wait a few months extra.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Southern Hemisphere is clearly not a priority then.
Australia is only a small fish in the big picture of things, we're the arse end of the world, we don't even get all the models of bikes available to us. Christmas time in the US and Europe is in their snow season, like how many people would buy a bike then ?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Sounds oright too...

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-exts-new-era-fork-2021.html

I'm usually not one to gush, but after six solid rides on the Era I'm comfortable saying that I've never ridden a fork that felt this good right out of the box. I've even switched bikes with a couple of riding partners mid-ride so they could experience what I was feeling, and in both instances the general consensus was “that's ridiculous.”