What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I’m not sending it off 30ft gap jumps.
They are actually a really solid well thought out bit of kit. She has been on my bike from the day she could hold her head up steadily in a Wee Ride seat. Then moved to this. Has taught her to ‘ride with me’ lift her bum, use her legs and ride corners etc.
The only way they can come off is if you go down so no different to a rear bike seat. Far superior actually. The combo of the saddle, the foot stirrups and them holding your bars works brilliantly.
We do single track at speed including rollers, berms and rocks etc. she Loves it.
Last thing I want to do is go home to her mum with an injury so I ride within my limits for the surface etc. sketchy pea gravel for eg I slow it right down.
hero dirt I fang it and we have a ball.
My husband has taken our older boy on some black diamond trails with a Shotgun seat. He didn't tell me until much later. No harm no foul. Teaching them to move around the bike is excellent not only for your handling but also their own bike skills. We'll be doing the same with son #2 once he's old enough to wear a helmet safely.

Jpez

Down on the left!
My husband has taken our older boy on some black diamond trails with a Shotgun seat. He didn't tell me until much later. No harm no foul. Teaching them to move around the bike is excellent not only for your handling but also their own bike skills. We'll be doing the same with son #2 once he's old enough to wear a helmet safely.
Yeah it’s an amazing tool. My girl got straight on the balance bike and took off like a bat out of hell. I’m sure those bike handling skills were learned from riding with me. She knew what it felt like. Knew how to balance and wasn’t afraid of going fast.

I saw a guy come blasting past me at full speed in a sustained manual at the Youis with a toddler on a shotgun seat or similar. Kid was giggling in hysterics. Was a little hardcore for me but the rider was a gun so guess he knew what he was doing.

Its just a shame now that she’s almost outgrown the Macride. She’s now got her own ridiculously expensive US imported pedal bike but there’s nothing like riding that close together, talking crap, pointing stuff out and covering more km’s etc. I’ll miss it for sure.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My kid pre-dated balance bikes, we had the rear seat which as everyone knows really sucked. 16" BMX at 4 years old racing Sprockets at Tuggeranong BMX track sorted his skills pretty quick ;) Geez he would have loved one of these new fangled seats as a tiny tot tho.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hit the local yarra trails within my 5km, i’m lucky there is way more st than I can ride in an hour. All xc but at least I have a couple of decents and jumps to session..

Ran into a nice bloke on a merinda e-mtb, if there ever was a time where you want to “go further and faster in less time” then this is it..
Sounds like an “intense” ride AYOOOOOOOOO

Yes I have no shame.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Rode Nerang in the absolute pissing down rain. Knew there was some coming but we headed out hoping it wouldn't be too major. Got to the top of the biggest hill, then it started. Was still heaps of fun and the carpark beers still tasted good.