Newly Released Bikes General

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Awesome that they have a gravel option. The roll over of 36" wheels will be a marked advantage when faced with the insurmountable hardships of pea sized pebbles that litter gravel roads like lethal bear traps. Hopefully the ebike version will coincide with my obtainment of my orthodontics qualifications and consequential retirement from any form of actual riding.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
And the embargo came off this today, the new Giant Trance

Interesting that the top of the line model doesn't use live valve...I think it's to do with the forks that they use for live valve aren't even a Grip Dampner... Guess there's always a trade off...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loves a manual the looks of it (or the editor does)! Every second shot seemed to be him lifting the front end. Maybe live valve is better on one wheel...
Between that and keeping the trail maintenance team in constant demand with schralps and cutties he's certainly entertaining to watch...

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Canyon released the new Torque lineup last night
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mounta...M90mrRtQzYWbIoZ_hwhoCfuMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
They're obviously listening to the kids because it comes in 27.5, 29 and mullet options. An aluminum 29er with FOx38 and SLX drive train will set you back $5k and allegedly be available from the end of Jan (carbon start at $5700 for GX and ZEB).

I ended up riding for a few Youies laps with a guy on the old Torque and was surprised by how well it seemed to peddle for its size/design so I assume this one would be pretty capable as well, although a lot of bike for what's required where and how I ride

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mike Levey didn't like the last trance with the live valve either, but appears to be warming to it
None of the Pinkbike team were overly impressed with it.
Seems like a pointless bike for Giant with the Trance X being more of a traditional 'Trail' bike than most 150mm bikes these days.

moorey

call me Mia
Canyon released the new Torque lineup last night
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mounta...M90mrRtQzYWbIoZ_hwhoCfuMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
They're obviously listening to the kids because it comes in 27.5, 29 and mullet options. An aluminum 29er with FOx38 and SLX drive train will set you back $5k and allegedly be available from the end of Jan (carbon start at $5700 for GX and ZEB).

I ended up riding for a few Youies laps with a guy on the old Torque and was surprised by how well it seemed to peddle for its size/design so I assume this one would be pretty capable as well, although a lot of bike for what's required where and how I ride

View attachment 383733
Given the uncertainty of my Scout frame ever arriving, I can’t deny that an alloy 27.5 spectral is a pretty interesting back up option.