Search results

1. DownhillerDeano

What DH Frames come with a 135mm rear end

This would mean your caliper would be 7.5 mm away from the rotor, plus the derailuer problem you mentioned. Then you get those pain in the ass frames with a 150 spacing running a 135 hub to accomodate for floating brake mounts, ie the 07 stab....
  2. DownhillerDeano

Avid Elixer 5's and Codes

I would think for trials hydro rim brakes would be better, expecially on the back? I have my magura's setup with a booster and the work fantastic. Just trying to decide how a disc could equal snappage on a trials frame. Rim brakes is understandable, hence the booster.
  3. DownhillerDeano

Caveat Emptor: Information on buying from Chain Reaction Cycles UK

We're not talking about manuals here. And it wouldn't faze me, I've got no need for a pretty box that has hayes or avid or magura printed all over it!!! As well, if the said items are coming from a shop, box or not they should be well packed so you cannot argue the point of a box being safer...
  4. DownhillerDeano

Rear Shock Question

40kgs on a 400 pound on that type of linkage is way to heavy for you I'd say. Your shock needs a rebuild, probably lost oil due to a blown seal or something, something doesn't sound right as I am 70~kgs with gear and was running a 300 and at times a 350 pound spring thru a Fox VAN and DHX 5 on a...
  5. DownhillerDeano

Rear Shock Question

Maybe you need to get a 500 pound spring or whatever size to achieve the desired sag. Don't think because your spring rate is too light and the follow on effect of bottoming makes the shock shit... It's just the wrong spring rate for you. Remember, tightening the coil preload has no effect on...
  6. DownhillerDeano

Rear Shock Question

Thought 09 stinky's came stock with a ROCO? Surely if it set up properly it would be running alot better than you describe...
  7. DownhillerDeano

Need'eth your help'eth

They do ride well, had one for about a year and I found it was very simple to maintain, you could always thrash it and there would be never be a problem with any of it, bombproof in my opinion, almost as much as my old demo 9.
  8. DownhillerDeano

how to remove a ss

Are you taking into account the cost of new spokes and the labour to re-lace the wheel? Spokes should never be re used. Work off about $1 a spoke plus labour which can be anything between $20-$50 an hour depending on shop. I'm assuming you will need to get this done by a bike mechanic judging...
  9. DownhillerDeano

Caveat Emptor: Information on buying from Chain Reaction Cycles UK

What are you paying for, the product or the packaging?! The only times I can see people 'needing' or 'wanting' packaging are things like fork bags and the like, things that are actually useful. Don't really want to keep things like vacuum sealed packs like what ODI grips come in or cardboard...
  10. DownhillerDeano

Rear Shock Question

Also remember if you do decide to look in to this option further, that there are two basic shock measurements. Eye to eye length which is the distance between the mount, and stroke length which is how much the shock compresses for lack of a better phrase. Sometimes you can get another shock...
  11. DownhillerDeano

Boxxer Spring Removal

Yep, sounds good. Just check whether the spring you take out is lubricated or covered in shrink wrap, if it is, do the same to the new one, this is to stop clicking during the first stage of compression when the spring hits the inside of the fork legs. If it isn't, it is up to you whether you do...
  12. DownhillerDeano

Fox 40.. single crowns???

As far as I'm concerned, no reason you should be. You are modifying something at your own will and AFAIK not doing it for profit so you should be right. Go for it, have fun!;)
  13. DownhillerDeano

goggles

I just picked up a set of SCOTT skiing goggles this time last year from Rebel, after the ski season you get them cheap, they were about $30 and work brilliant. ;) Nice tinted lens and soft foam. Quency, what is this silicon you speak of, mine dont have anything fancy on the back of the strap...
  14. DownhillerDeano

sold sold sold

Is it not a price drop after every 3 bumps as per the rules? Oh, and could you spell "BUY" properly:rolleyes: Interested otherwise....
  15. DownhillerDeano

stripped out brake adaptor

Some of us have easier access to helicoils rather than adaptors:p Often, for nothing compared to the price of a new one
  16. DownhillerDeano

stripped out brake adaptor

Of the top of my head, brake bolts are about M6 are they not? That means next size up is an M8, time you drill and tap that out that leaves sweet F.A material left. (Whether you had to drill and tap out the frame mounts or tapped holes in the adaptor itself). As per above, Helicoils would...
  17. DownhillerDeano

Da Bomb Axle and Hub

How much thread is exposed when the nuts are tight, on both sides? Or does it not even go completely thru the nuts?
  18. DownhillerDeano

best auzie mtb sites

As stated above OEM is not cheaper or inferior in any way. The only difference between some OEM gear and commercially availble 'part/spares', is that some OEM gear is in different sizes to suit particular frames that otherwise are not for sale alone. The best example of this is shock eye to...
  19. DownhillerDeano

Stp 2, 1, 0 Frame queries

Most likely, but is definately the case with Giant's...Glory, Reign, Trace, STP, Faith etc