Search results

1. D

Leaf Cycles Firefly

Hi all. I finally decided it was time to go all out on a new build (the old rig was about to bite the dust). Mr Rob Potter at Sprung in Launceston sorted me out with a Leaf Cycles Firefly and a very decent speclist for a nice price. Huge thanks to Rob for hooking me up with the bike. Rides...
  2. D

not complaining

Had this stolen a few weeks ago, and this being Perth, its pretty common that you'll never see your pride and joy again. Luckily got it back last night virtually untouched so I'm happy. Just fixed all the rattles and clunks on it too so its running smoother than melted butter. Heres some...
  3. D

Rear suspension design ideas...please read!!

Hi all. As part of my industrial design degree at uni, I'm taking part in a transport design unit. I've chosen to design and (hopefully) prototype a light dh/am frame. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing and being a street ss rider, and living in central Perth, I...
  4. D

'09 Rock Shox Revelation 426 opinions anyone?

Hey all. I'm looking for a strong but lightweight, adjustable 20mm fork for a bit of everything (DJ, trail/all mountain, the odd park sesh) and I've seen the 2009 RS Revelations. Does anyone know if they're any good to use for any of the purposes mentioned above or should I be sticking...
  5. D

nearly finished....fascination fixated (PICS UP)

Hey Farkers. I picked up a real piece of trash Seiko 10sp roadie from a mate whos had it lying next to his house for about a year. Amazingly no rust on it at all...the thing had been coated with black spraypaint so the chrome bits were reasonably well protected (I've stripped most of the...
  6. D

Yeah...its an STP so shoot me (pics up)

You may remember my last project got taken from me before i could get my greasy mits on some funds to mod it (http://www.farkin.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136458). So I needed a basher to get to and from work. You know how it goes...get a cheap fixer-upper to knock around on...nothing...
  7. D

Seiko Delta....any ideas?

Hey Farkers. I recently got an old road frame from a friend of mine. It was covered in shitty paint over the top of the old paint, which at first I thought to be a Repco. I cleaned the top layer of shitty paint off the stickers and it turns out to be a Seiko Delta 10 Speed. Does anyone...
  8. D

Thornlie trails in Perth...any takers?

Hey all. I finally got round to heading up to Thornlie trails today and had a squiz. The jumps are ok...I stress "ok" as they need a bit of work to get them running properly. I know theres a pretty large crew that dig up there during the summer and theres jams and stuff held there sometimes...
  9. D

Start a Riot (update pics page 2)

This arrived this morning from a courier. Very nice..had a few things to iron out and still yet to have it singing but it will have to do. Custom paintjob and stickers still to come and some other new bits. Big shout outs go to J5ive for the bike and to Joel, Dave and Mick at Hi-Way Cycles...
  10. D

Customising Juicy 3's....worth the effort?

Hi all. Had a hairbrained idea today. Is it possible to retrofit a Juicy 3 lever body with a carbon lever from the Juicy Carbon? I know it sounds pointless but I was curious. Any thoughts?
  11. D

STP frame, forks, cranks/bb, headset and wheelset for under $500 - Perth

What: Giant STP (not worried about number...preferably a small size frame) with headset, qr or 20mm forks, wheelset, and cranks/bb/chainring. Price: UNDER $500 for all parts together. Condition: good condition...not worried about paintjob, please NO REWELDS OR CRACKS. Location: Preferable pick...
  12. D

Designing a dual slalom....any ideas?

Hey all. I'm currently drawing up plans for a dual slalom course for my parents block of land in Tassie. Just wondering if theres any sources on building tracks like this or anything i should be mindful of when designing such a course?
  13. D

Beginning of new dirt jumps in the Perth area?

Hey everybody. I moved from Tassie last year and coming to Perth noticed theres a serious lack of dirt jumps (most likely due to the fact the most of the ground is actually sandy soil and is useless for dj's!). I actually craved going home to Tassie so i could ride some "real" dirt. Granted I...
  14. D

26"tyres

Hey all. TEMPLATE!
  15. D

U cnt STP a wrk in prgrss

Hiya boys and girls! I got my hands on another STP from a mate after my old one was nicked by some crackhead kid with a pair of boltcutters. I've done a bit of chopping and changing with this one and its turned out like this so far... Frame - 06 STP2 with gear tabs shaved and head tube...
  16. D

Swansea track fixie..can anyone help?

Hey all. I recently acquired an old road frame that I intended fixing up as a hack around bike (purely cos my mtb is back in Tassie and I need a commuter). I have no idea what it is. The only discernable features of it are: It has horizontal dropouts but was running a road bike drivetrain...
  17. D

Bike Thief video(THIS IS GREAT!)

Hey all. Found this video on Treehugger.com tonight and I reckon its great as far as summing up peoples lack of initiative when it comes to stopping bike thieves. Check it out at this link: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/07/the_bike_thief.php#ch01
  18. D

06/07 Truvativ Hussefelt crank recall info needed desperately!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm in desperate need of the pdf's or any info on the recall of 06/07 Hussefelt cranks. Just put my bike into the shop today to have the cranks replaced cos they kept frooting themselves have been told that the recall is only on 07 cranks. I remember there being a link to...
  19. D

Finally.... 06 stp2 custom ss

I finally got hold of a camera and took some photos of my 06 STP2. I can hear you all bitching(not another $%^& STP!!) I don' care..it rides good and I like it. Heres the specs and pics for all you nit pickers. Frame: 06 Giant STP2 Forks: Marzocchi Dirt Jam Comps 120mm Seatpost: Easton...
  20. D

the typical newby call for help!

hey everybody. i'm a newb and in need of advice. I'm selling my bmx and looking for a 2nd hand dj rig and was wondering if anyone knows whats a good brand to start with and how much i'm gonna have to look at forkin out. come on people help out a distressed mtb wannabe!