Search results

1. Mica

What happened to night riding?

It's been bugging me for a while this one (and probably shouldn't encourage others as enjoy having the trails to ourselves) but where have all the night riders gone? Years back was riding night regularly to mix it up and sneak in a mid week ride and always saw others out on the trails. Fell out...
  2. Mica

A glass and a half of full-cream milk but only half a fork

Been a while since a post (or a new bike) so here goes both. Not quite the usual farkin ride (i.e. gravel bike [emoji12]) but these type of bikes have always floated my boat and certainly prove capable and rewarding the more you put into them. Pretty much factory spec Cannondale Scalpel HT2 as...
  3. Mica

QLD SOLD Five Ten Hellcat SPD 11US (brand new)

Item: Five Ten Hellcat SPD shoes. Black Red 11US 10UK 44.5EU Location: Brisbane but happy to post Item Condition: Brand new and unused. Reason for selling: Just not my thing. Purchased on a whim and have sat idle for 6 months so better off with someone who may use them Price and price...
  4. Mica

QLD Pump Track - Brisbane - Stafford

This turned up in the post today. Looks like we may be getting another pump track here in Inner North Brisbane, see paragraph 5 Please send Tracy a message of encouragement (mcdowall.ward@bcc.qld.gov.au) and let’s make this a happen. Already sent my message of support since Bracken Ridge and...
  5. Mica

Sold SOLD

Does it count as sold if something is free???? Item: DHB size 44 MTB shoes. Location: Brisbane, prefer local sale of course but will post Item Condition: they look virtually brand new though the mounting plates show a little corrosion/rust. Reason for selling: Came in a box of goodies with a...
  6. Mica

QLD SOLD Genuine Garmin Out front mount and speed sensor

Item: Genuine Garmin Outfront Mount, Speed sensor (I think??) and a Stem Mount (also ?) Location: Brisbane but happy to post Item Condition: Practically new from what I can tell Reason for selling: Came in a box of goodies with a gumtree bike purchase and I have no need for it Price and price...
  7. Mica

One photo, one word

A stolen idea I’ve seen elsewhere and kind of borrowing from the “what does your day look like” thread. What summarises your last ride? As the title says.... Solitude
  8. Mica

QLD Sold

Item: Norco Ryde 2014 I believe Location: Brisbane but will ship. Item Condition: Very Good. Bought a couple of months ago off gumtree and looks as new (bar a minimal bit of surface rust on forks and a small knock in BB I haven't bothered investigating. Reason for selling: Bought to tool...
  9. Mica

QLD Sold

Item: Bianchi San Jose rolling frameset (size 58c-t) Location: Brisbane but fine to ship Item Condition: Used but still has plenty of life left. Usual wear and tear you'd expect with a number of scuffs but nothing out of the ordinary. Reason for selling: n+1-1=n+wife Price and price...
  10. Mica

QLD Klunker

Item: Transition Klunker or similar Location: Brisbane but would consider paying shipping for the right item Price range/Willing to Pay: Open to options but cheap is cheerful Extra Info: I'm optimistic aren't I !??!???
  11. Mica

Indian Pacific Wheel Race

Some quality dot watching going on at the moment for bikepacking fans and those looking for a distraction with all the rain around at the moment. Perth to Sydney dodging road trains all the way. 600+km covered on day one. Sick bastards!!! Plenty of info and social media to trawl through...
  12. Mica

QLD FOUND 1 1/8 29er Rigid Fork

Item: Rigid Fork for a 29er, must be 1 1/8 steerer, at least 170mm length. Location: Brisbane but happy to pay shipping if you're happy to post Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than you want for them [emoji12] Extra Info: Not interested in cheap eBay forks. Chasing some quality ones...
  13. Mica

What do you ride with your kids?

With all the talk about what your kids ride I'm more interested in what you ride with your kids? What bike/s do you keep, justify, or have even bought to go for a ride with the kids? My two little ones are finally clicking with riding... (Cue proud parent photo above from yesterday's first day...
  14. Mica

QLD Sold

Item: Garmin Vivoactive Smartwatch. Location: BNE but happy to post Item Condition: Practically flawless, a couple of tiny marks around the edge and sticker on back is worn off from a vigorous clean I gave it at some point but otherwise presents as new. Screen is untouched. I think about a...
  15. Mica

QLD Found (or sold or whatever you want here)

Item: As per title. Need some v brake levers Location: Brisbane but happy to pay postage as/if needed. Item Condition: Good is preferred Reason for buying: Too many spare parts(except for v levers) and stupid build ideas... Price and price conditions: All considered. Extra Info: Trawled...
  16. Mica

Climbing

You know you all love it, I do for some sadistic reason. Thought I'd share my latest conquest (and rub in the fact I'm in Italy [emoji13] and about to head to the tour). After climbing the Gavia and Stelvio we decided to head up a lesser known route on the Mortirolo from Tovo (not all on the...
  17. Mica

27.5+ = 29?

Curious to hear others thoughts on this as I haven't seen much talk on it but is the new 27.5+ movement just the full circle of the bike industry moving back to 29 just under a different name. Yes 27.5+ is a wider tyre, larger contact patch/traction, more cushion etc but in the end aren't we...
  18. Mica

QLD Sold

Item: Surly 1x1 Frame. Large (ST 19inch C-T TT 22inch C-C). Recently professionally stripped and repainted in a stunning red with a subtle orange undercoat that can be seen in some lights/angles (done by a guy who sprays vintage cars for a living). Includes Salsa forks, Chris King headset and...
  19. Mica

QLD [BRIS] 26' SS rear wheel

Item: 26inch singlespeed disc rear wheel. Preferable bolt up. Cassette or screw on style, no issue either way. All options considered. Condition: As long as it's round and suits the above. Location: local preferred but happy to pay for shipping for the right thing. Price: as above, all...
  20. Mica

Mental health day

Made a fantastic decision yesterday that I was taking a mental health day and working from home. Work, family, work, money and work have been doing my head in and other than commuting I haven't ridden a bike in months Packed the wife off to work, the kids off to day care then jumped on the...