Search results

1. Gone Riding

Effectively using a stationary trainer.

Thanks shred. My JB app appears to be up to date as far as publicly available updates go, but I'll check with Jet Black direct.
  2. Gone Riding

Effectively using a stationary trainer.

Hey, I'm new to indoor training and have just got myself the JetBlack Z1 Pro, and Wahoo TICKR + Wahoo Speed + Wahoo Cadence sensors. Being an iPhone and Strava user, the Wahoo options with Bluetooth seemed the most versatile solution for hooking up on the trails as well as indoors for training...
  3. Gone Riding

Post your 29er!

Me? Nah, on full time Dad duties all of this weekend. Will be lucky if I get on at all. Nice ride at the Dirty Weekend by the way!
  4. Gone Riding

Post your 29er!

The more I ride the SB95c, the more I am impressed! How much of this is due to my change to 29" rims or the Yeti platform itself I don't know? Went for a 40k ride on the weekend and the 3km road commute to the trails was easy and quick with very little pedal induced 'bob' at all. The only small...
  5. Gone Riding

Post your 29er!

Yeti SB95c - New to me! Been a while since I visited (about the time it takes to grow 2 kids I guess), but after about 7+ years on my trusty Anthem XLtd I took my head out of the sand, looked around, and finally ended up joining the Yeti Tribe. One ride (24 hour Dirty Weekend here in SA) and I...
  6. Gone Riding

SA SOLD (to me!): 2x ROLA Roof Mount Bike Racks + Roof Rails

EDIT - No interest and have decided I can still use the bike racks! Item: 2x ROLA Roof Mount Bike Racks + Optional Roof Rails (suit WRX wagon) Location: Adelaide, SA (can post at buyer's expense) Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: New Car, New Racks Price and price conditions...
  7. Gone Riding

XC Tyres

Endless Options... Hey Sunsoar, the options are endless for tyre choice but assuming you've made the choice for Crossmark and Larsen, personally I would always run a Crossmark on rear only, which leaves the Larsen for the front. Before I really got into tyres I ran Larsen TT's front and...
  8. Gone Riding

XC Tyres

Hey Coaster, I'm on an 09 Anthem. No idea how the frames changed from 08 to 09 in regard to clearance but the 2.2MK is the skinniest measured width I have run and clearance has never been an issue on any tyre - the 2.25RR is 3mm wider and no probs. Good point, I'm not sure if it is 'growing'...
  9. Gone Riding

Tyre choice for husky, Ron, Ralfh or Crossmax

Was it a 2.2 UST Race King Gixer? I have one on the back of mine for everyday use at the moment and it ripped up a steep gravelly climb that can be hard to get traction on at the best of times - I was well surprised - has not had much use in the mud yet though. Also got a 2.2 UST Mountain King...
  10. Gone Riding

Tyre choice for husky, Ron, Ralfh or Crossmax

Ron upfront and Ralph outback! Exactly what I was going to suggest as a good option, I know nothing of the Husky trail but I've been running Rocket Ron 2.25 UST up front and Racing Ralph 2.25 UST on rear as my race tyres since mid-last year... Forrest 6 Hour (wet), Otway Odyssey (dry), Mont...
  11. Gone Riding

Loud Drivers.

...and for full Ninja, just pedal!
  12. Gone Riding

pads for lightweight rotors

Yeah, have to agree... my Anthem came with a Jet Black Lighweight Rotor and centrelock adaptor on the rear, and standard XTR rotor on front (XTR brakes). The rear would bite well on first contact but fade quickly on any constant downhill braking, while the front stayed reasonably consistent. The...
  13. Gone Riding

XC Tyres

Tread & Bag Widths for Racing Ralph, Rocket Ron, Mountain King, Race King There's been a bit of talk about tyre tread and bag widths lately and I've been changing tyres over a bit so decided to take a few measurements... All tyres (26 inch) were measured at 35psi with a tape measure by eye, so...
  14. Gone Riding

New Enduro / XC Machine... Guide me!

Exotic... Like this? http://www.delta7bikes.com/arantix-mountain-bike.htm What an awesome concept - just saw it today... I imagine the $$$ might be just over your 2.5K :)
  15. Gone Riding

Hard Bicycle Cases...

Update... New wheels set-up. Hey Steve, I did get the Rebul Bike Case and have used it for one trip, including a flight, roofracks, lots of wheeling around, more roofracks, a Greyhound coach back to Adelaide, etc. The box looks 'used' now as expected, but I had full confidence that the bike was...
  16. Gone Riding

Back wheel problems

Hub or Linkages? Have you tried pushing and pulling the chainstay/frame rather than the wheel - that might help you work out if it's the hub or frame linkages? Sounds like loose hub to me. In my experience, frame and shock linkages tend to knock more with up and down movement, rather than side...
  17. Gone Riding

[VIDEO] Levi Leipheimer on a MTB

Awesome trail... makes me want to travel OS with the bike some more :)
  18. Gone Riding

Hard Bicycle Cases...

Not 100% sure where extra weight came from, perhaps the 2x foam padding panels, definitely the corflute all over, + 2x small wheels. I don't think the overall size affected weight, as mine was approximately same total dimensions, just slightly different proportions. No wheel pics yet, they are...
  19. Gone Riding

Hard Bicycle Cases...

Two deflated tyres on rims plus a spare tyre as well. Yep, just layed the bike down and placed a few tape measures around it to form a rectangle, then took measurements. The case has wheels on the bottom at one end and you pick it up and pull it along with the black handle you can see on top...
  20. Gone Riding

Hard Bicycle Cases...

Rebul Custom Size for 09 Giant AnthemX 'Large'... Hey Pussa, haven't got time for a long post but I did go for a custom measurement and it's spot on for my Giant Anthex 'Large' Frame, except for the depth (shortest dimension) which I'd probably make a bit less next time. Here are the...