Search results

1. D

Depression- need help?

Great thread and I love that it is part of the mtb community. One of the challenges with mental help is finding people to talk to and it can be daunting to call a hotline or go to a specific forum (although they are good options). I think it makes it more accessible to be on a forum that...
  2. D

3D printing/designing

I did a search the other day and found the 3D designing thread, but nothing on 3D printing aka additive manufacturing (among other things). Who here is into it? I have been playing around with it for almost a year now and besides being an expensive hobby (not compared to riding, but that...
  3. D

Balance Bike Build

Has anyone found a place to buy 12" or 12.5" wheels? I am looking to do the plywood balance bike DIY thing, but can't seem to find wheels anywhere - tyres and tubes, yes, wheels no. Cheers!
  4. D

Market research - tool grab bag

thanks for the feedback, it is all useful. The links are great too, interesting to see what else is out there.
  5. D

I have already posted this in the a parts and stuff thread, but I am posting here as well to get roadies' opinions as I want to understand their perspectives. Feel free to vote in both polls, but do this one from the perspective of being a road rider first. I am considering making a small...
  6. D

I am considering making a small bag to carry a multi-tool, levers, CO2 pump and potentially a tube (or a combo of these) and I am after some opinions on the product. No images as yet unfortunately. It will be designed to fit into a jersey pocket, but I believe from a mountain bikers...
  7. D

Little Things You Hate

I got the whole offroad tyre thing too - apparently knobbly tyres will provide better grip.... not sure how that is the case for something that just rolls and tends not to corner too fast (a loud shrieking sound is emitted when I corner quickly, but I think it is just the wife;) ) I do...
  8. D

Formula One world championship

I actually don't mind this one, puts a little more back onto the drivers - ie who can feel out their car when starting cold and find optimum cornering/braking etc. Should give an advantage to drivers who understand the changing grip levels as the tyres come up to temperature and a disadvantage...
  9. D

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

I will take Spyder as the model name - the early boat-tail version was also known as The Graduate, for obvious reasons. take it away.
  10. D

from the movie (The Graduate), what was the make and model of the car (please, no year) that dustin hoffman drove and for bonus points what was it also known as.
  11. D

I don't think the character qualifies.
  12. D

Mrs Robinson, you're trying to seduce me, arent' you? can't believe I couldn't get borstein... I think she is alright, but no patch on Lois
  13. D

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

yup, we go pulled over one day (Sydney) for having a number plate obscured and they called out the lights issue as well (two mtbs on a rack, so could see fairly well through the wheels). I can't imagine getting done just for the lights too often as long as they aren't completely covered, but...
  14. D

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

well sure, but you don't *have* to put road bikes on them
  15. D

mmm. Simpson - he wasn't on the western front.
  16. D

um, he landed and was killed at Anzac cove.
  17. D

The stupid questions thread.

wow, yum. how long to cook on the stove? does the chicken just fall apart? my guess for the cravings is the nice combo of sugars, salts and proteins for good healing. Either that or a version of the good ol' chicken soup for the soul
  18. D

I didn't think it was a total myth, he was there and he did have a donkey that carried the wounded. I thought the controversy was that he was perhaps not quite as significant a 'hero' as people think he was. I heard at one stage they were thinking of a victoria cross, but from what I hear...