Search results

1. D

3D printing/designing

I did a search the other day and found the 3D designing thread, but nothing on 3D printing aka additive manufacturing (among other things). Who here is into it? I have been playing around with it for almost a year now and besides being an expensive hobby (not compared to riding, but that...
  2. D

Market research - tool grab bag

I have already posted this in the a parts and stuff thread, but I am posting here as well to get roadies' opinions as I want to understand their perspectives. Feel free to vote in both polls, but do this one from the perspective of being a road rider first. I am considering making a small...
  3. D

Market research - tool grab bag

I am considering making a small bag to carry a multi-tool, levers, CO2 pump and potentially a tube (or a combo of these) and I am after some opinions on the product. No images as yet unfortunately. It will be designed to fit into a jersey pocket, but I believe from a mountain bikers...
  4. D

Wheelset and drivetrain questions

So I have been given new wheels as a birthday present (of my choice) for my 2010 stumpjumper fsr. Current wheels are stock as below, which seem ok but I have read that there are better wheels out there. I have had the bike for 3 years, ridden for ~2 due to a back injury. RIMS Custom DT...
  5. D

Highland Fling - Full fling entry for sale

***SOLD***Full fling entry for sale - $130 can't race due to dodgy back. not happy. PM me
  6. D

2 x DW 100 entries - offer!

I have two DW100 entries for the 1st May, happy to separate. As per the below link, transfer needs to be completed on the 30th April: http://www.maxadventure.com.au/100kmclassic/nsw/entry.html I am open to any offers! PM me.
  7. D

Focus - Shock IN toptube

Found this on cyclingnews.com, and it looked a little different... http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/tech-feature-2011-focus-mtb-introduction/138114 http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/tech-feature-2011-focus-mtb-introduction/138115 the hardware does look a little light...
  8. D

Mechanical doping - available publicly?

Not sure if everyone has heard about the mechanical doping conspiracy theories that are going on at the moment in the road racing world? In essence, an electric motor is inserted into the seat tube that can then drive the bottom bracket providing extra power, while being a relatively stealth...
  9. D

Freeride/DH lite

I have been riding for almost 15 years now (yep, started at age 5 :D) doing mostly XC/trail/enduro riding. After a recent highly enjoyable experience at Menai riding some very sweet trails, I have been thinking about trying to find some more technical/fast stuff. The problem is that I am not...
  10. D

2 x Dirtworks 100 tickets available

Hello sports fans, I have 2 tickets for the 2010 DW 100 on the 2nd May which we are unable to use to a Bucks Party.... So PM me, I would prefer to offload the 2 tickets at once but can do seperately. Here is the official line from the event organisers: Competitors can transfer their...
  11. D

Cops at Anzac Bridge today

Hello did anyone else see the cops at the off-ramp of the bridge in Pyrmont this morning? I went through about 8:25 and there were 2 cops and a couple of people in plain clothes. One of the cops seemed to have a camera (of the picture variety) taking pics of people coming off the ramp. I...
  12. D

Sydney Commute: Greenacre to City

so, shortly moving to Greenacre (near Roberts Rd) and have just started a job where cycling is supported (showers and bike cage and lockers!!) so thinking about commuting by bike - also to give me some training which would be difficult otherwise. I am wanting to stay on bike paths as much as...
  13. D

Fox Triad rear shock

Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the Fox Triad shocks that come on the current line of Specialized Stumpys? I am thinking of the 2010 stumpyFSR comp but have been reading some negative reviews of the shock from previous years (although I have read many good reviews of the...
  14. D

Which new trail bike?

before anyone asks, I have had a look at the what 4-5 inch bike thread and a few others, but thought I would seek a more targetted response. So I am after a new full suspension trail bike.... thinking of the usual 5", but I am open to 4-6" if it can do the job. Budget - up to around $5k...
  15. D

Go with Joe?

I want to get some more focus into my training and so I was thinking about Joe Friel's books. My aim is to improve fitness for mtb enduro events (100km, 8hr, team 24hr maybe) and I am just a (very) average punter) I figured that the mountain bike book would be better because it should be...
  16. D

Membership of MTBA/CA/Bicycle NSW

I have decided that it is about time that I join one or more of the various bodies that represent mtb/cycling, partially for the insurance coverage and partially to support the groups that should be representing our interests. So which way(s) to go? I haven't to date raced any MTBA events...
  17. D

GT Sensor

I have been looking at the 2010 GT Sensor (probably the 1) online and it looks like a great bike, great spec for price and a nice looking thing to boot. But, has anyone here ridden one to know how it goes? And weight (no sites seemed to have weight details)? I am looking for a 5-inch...
  18. D

Biking and making babies (not at the same time)

Just been reading some articles about riding and effects on the little swimmers. Some said that heat was a problem, others that vibrations on mountain bikes could be an issue, others just the usual pressure on the soft bits. So, has anyone read properly into the issue, had advice from...
  19. D

Do I need a stand to build a wheel?

I know there are a few threads on wheel building and stands, but none answered the above question. I want to rebuild a rear road wheel for a single speed, and want to do it myself for a bit of a challenge and fun, but want to know if I really need a stand? I just had a look over some...
  20. D

TDF 09 and maybe giro...

Hello just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been to the TDF and/or giro before. I am hoping to catch a stage early in either or both races this year and I was after some advice as to the best way to do it. ie, do you just book accom in a town, and stand by the road, or are...