Search results

1. R

Shock mounting hardware specs for '12 Glory??

Hey guys, bit of a longshot here but chasing the measurements for mounting hardware for the rear shock on my 2012 Giant Glory so I can put a new Fox Float X2 on (currently Rock Shox Vivid R2C). I know the bottom eyelet just uses spacers but the top mount is 8mm x ?? Any help is appreciated.
  2. R

Gamut Podium pedals?

Looking into new flat pedals for the DH bike, and came across these: They haven't been out for long and it's a long-shot, but has anyone had any ride time on them? Or has anyone ridden Point One Podium 2 pedal (which is what these are based on)? Also, would they work with 'crank-holder'...
  3. R

Mt Taylor DH track condition?

Looking at hitting up the Mt Taylor DH track this long weekend (weather permitting). Just wondering if anyone has info on the condition of the DH track as well as the shuttle road up? Had a quick google but couldn't find much recent news.
  4. R

Riding a '12 Glory with a busted headset - frame damage?

So as the title says, my 2012 Glory's headset isn't in the best shape, and is 'clunking'. Seems to be a common problem with that particular FSA headset. I've ordered a new one from Works Components but was wondering if riding it in the meantime is likely to do any damage to the frame? Hoping...
  5. R

'Trails' versus 'Jumps'

Got this quote from another thread: and thought it might an interesting topic to explore.. I'm genuinely interested in the difference between 'trails' and 'jumps'. Seems like the trails scene these days, especially in BMX, is very much about aesthetics (how the jumps look) and lots of...
  6. R

Upcoming Ride Day Schedule (DH/gravity)

Thought it might be good to have a thread with upcoming ride days in Victoria so you can plan out your weekends. Was planning on keeping it to non-competitive events. If you know of any ride days coming up, reply to the thread and I'll edit this post. 6-7 September: Cressy Descent, You...
  7. R

Boxxer Charger Damper available online?

Hey guys, easy one: does anyone know where I can buy a Boxxer Charger damper upgrade kit online? Had a look at the big sites (CRC, Wiggle) and there's nothing. Out of stock on Pushys. Anywhere else? Cheers.
  8. R

Whistler 2014!!

Can it be Whistler 2014 thread tiem? Who else is planning on going and how long will you stay? In the midst of planning a trip over there for 4 weeks in July this year and was hoping some of the Whistler veterans can help me work things out a bit. Whistler bike park is a...
  9. R

Burgtec Offset Bushings for 2012 Giant Glory

So I've got a 2012 Giant Glory and am wanting to slacken the HA and lower the BB a little with some offset bushings. Burgtec seem like the go, but can't find what kit I would need for my bike on their website. Has anyone done this with a 2010 - 2012 Glory? If so, what kit did you use and...
  10. R

Windsor DJ Park, Tasmania(not Vic)

Just wondering if anyone can give me info on the condition of the Windsor DJ Park, near Launceston in Tassie. Done a bit of googling and found some great pics (from 2007), but can't really find any recent info or even if they still exist.
  11. R

Mystic DH (Bright Vic) questions

So thinking of heading to Bright to check our the DH track and just have a few questions: What's the condition of the track like? Is it shuttle-able in a 2WD? I've found that it starts near a parasailing launching place but where does it end? Are there any dirt jumps around? Any help...
  12. R

Croydon Hill Trails Getting Dozed and Rebuilt?

Like the title says, I've heard around the traps that Croydon jumps are getting dozed and rebuilt in the coming weeks. Not sure if there's going to be any input from riders or if the council is just going to rebuild it themselves... Does anyone know what's happening? Would it be worth...
  13. R

Trails in Mornington Peninsula

Hey guys, Wanting to do some XC/DH/DJ riding in the Mornington Peninsula area this weekend. I've searched on here and on the redhillriders website but haven't found much in the way of directions (not a local). Just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up about where any tracks are...
  14. R

Dumb, drunk and racist?

Interested to hear people's thoughts on ABC's 'Dumb Drunk and Racist'. For those who don't know the premise, it's basically: I have seen the second episode (third episode screening this week) and whilst it was mildly entertaining, I don't think the four Indians are seeing 'Australia'...
  15. R

Is feminism obsolete in contempory Oz?

As the title suggests, do you think that feminism is still relevant in Australia today? If so, what are the issues/problems faced by women? My take: I definitely can appreciate the women's movement and the progress that it has made in the last 50 years or so. Feminists fought hard to...
  16. R

Gay/lesbians adopting kids - what do you think?

After reading an article on the ABC website about new legislation that removes discrimination against same-sex couples in 100 commonwealth laws, the question about same sex couples right to adopt children also arose. Both the Government and the Opposition oppose this idea. And so do I. I...