Search results

1. dr.matt

Haro steel reserve 1.1

Does anyone have one? Talking the rigid fork model. Looks alright in the lbs. Surprised to see one actually. $700 I think, could be cheaper now
  2. dr.matt

Haro

Any of you guys know much about the haro reserve 1.1? Walked into my Lbs yesty and saw one. Cromo frame and rigid forks, disc brakes. $800 seemed a alright price
  3. dr.matt

Creaking cranks

I installed an external bb and zee cranks on my hardtail a few months back. Everything was good til a ride the over day. Now it creaks while putting pressure on the pedals, I swapped pedals but I've eliminated they're the issue. Should my next plan be to pull out the cranks, regrease the bb and...
  4. dr.matt

Short cage

I'm going 1x10, was thinking a zee setup for deraileur/shifter (price) would the short cage be suitable if in the future I add a 40 or 42 tooth sprocket to the cassette (obviously taking out the 11 or 16)?
  5. dr.matt

chain type?

so got a 36t front chain ring, 20t rear sprocket on my nearly finished ss mtb (29er) and a dmr chain tensioner. problem is I cant get the chain length. the length it is now is too slack with the tensioner, remove another link to short. will a half link connector rectify this? chain is a 9spd kmc
  6. dr.matt

External bb and single speed

So the bottom bracket width on my bike is 73mm. The external bb I have is for 68-73mm. Since it's going to be single speed and I can adjust chainline via spacers that came with the dmr ss kit (on the rear) do I need to use any of the spacers that came with the external bb?
  7. dr.matt

V-brakes

Aftermarket v-brakes ( like fly or odyssey) would these fit any bmx bike? I have a 24" so cal flyer. Or are they only good for 20" bikes? Yes, maybe it doesn't need upgrading but after something a bit new and flash.
  8. dr.matt

Bmx sprocket

I'm chasing a 40 tooth 4 bolt (104 bcd) sprocket for my 24" cruiser, to go on crupi cranks. Any help to where to buy some? I'm in a regional area so online is a must. Cheers for any help/advice or jovial ribbing
  9. dr.matt

Name on ha bike

I saw on Facebook awhile back a company that makes stickers with your last name and your country flag (kind of like what's seen on wc bikes). Has anyone else seen this or know of the company? I think they were U.S.A based
  10. dr.matt

Torque wrench

I do have one, one that starts at 20ft-lbs. so not quite small enough for bike bolts (specifically the pre load top cap on a fox fork) what do fellow rotorburners use or recommend?
  11. dr.matt

bottom bracket

I have a gt karakoram with suntour cranks, square taper & a sealed bb. I'm looking at some shimano cranks (any model around the $100 mark will be a massive improvement) the new cranks come with a bb, some an external bearing one. Will this or whatever is supplied fit ok?
  12. dr.matt

shimano compatibility

Evening all, my mtb has alivio rapid fire shifters & rear derailleur. Keeping the shifter, would there be any issue replacing the alivio derailleur with a deore shadow m592? Only diff I see is where the cable joins the derailleur?
  13. dr.matt

cruiser sprocket

Gday, from where or what brand can i get a 39 or 40 tooth sprocket for my se so cal flyer? Besides no name ones from ebay? And having a 19mm axle now, any 19mm 48 spline crankset will fit? It has a euro bb.
  14. dr.matt

helmet standards

I've been thinking about a protec classic full cut helmet. 1-to protect my knowledgeable head, 2- thinking it could protect my ears come magpie season. I noticed it doesn't comply to Australian standards (its made of something called 2 stage foam). Does this mean its not very good or it simply...
  15. dr.matt

1x9

Hello, I have a gt karakoram with a 3x9 set up want to go 1x9 (maybe ss) Anyway- a couple of 100$$ is the budget do I get a single ring specific crank which I would assume means new bb (it has a sealed square taper type one now) or buy a ring, shorter bolts & ditch 2 of the existing ones. I...
  16. dr.matt

Diameter for the rack!

Howdy, im making myself a bike rack for the back of my uterus. Its replacing one i had before (and have since thrown out). Now, not having a bike with 26" tyres with me here at home, could a few of you kindly let me know the diameter of your bikes tyre, i know 26" is 660mm but im assuming...
  17. dr.matt

Clint Millar (Miller?)

Just a quick word for those in the Northern tablelands area, Clint millar and the colony fellas will be riding at the re-vamped skate park in Tamworth this Saturday 10th October. All starts at 9am. For more info contact extreme cycles in Tamworth.
  18. dr.matt

se bike

Checked out a new bike shop in town today. There were a few bikes that caught my eye :D one in particular was an SE so cal flyer (24"). Is this a dj bike? It looks like one but the web site doesnt elaborate too much on use. Has anyone got/ridden/seen one?
  19. dr.matt

Back to basics

Howdy, I guess alot of us on here have been in this boat. Buy an expensive bike, spend hundreds (if not more) putting bits and pieces on it. Some necessary, some you make yourself believe are necessary and some for no good reason except the colour! For example i recently spent $400 odd...
  20. dr.matt

Mt Coramba ride

Howdy, Im planning on coming to coffs for a ride (duh! :p) saturday 1st nov. I know its abit of notice but i need to know if anyone is interested so i can book accom. for the friday night. (ill be coming from tamworth) Ive never ridden at coffs before but have been to the track to have a...