Search results

1. babington

Is DH only for the younguns?

Nice work Cooch
  2. babington

Old Dog, New Tricks?

Man all this talk of Half-cabs and Fakies is making me all toey for a new bike... Hmmm can still remember when I got my first Fire Hydrant... ahhh those were the days :cool:
  3. babington

Looking after a weary body...

While on the subject of adding supplements to our daily regime I also recommend using Glutamine especially after a hard ride/gym session. It helps to preserve muscle and boosts the immune system both of which are compromised during strenuous exercise. :)
  4. babington

Do old fools train?

Schucks... I shoulda emphasized the word TRY... besides who's got energy for hanky panky after 10 shuttles down Clear:p
  5. babington

Clear Mt Maintenance

Hear Hear Cooch ... if only I could ride those top switchbacks like a Banshee!
  6. babington

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 39 second year running. What state do you live? Smart State. How long have you been riding? Only just got my drivers license so around 30 years with little breaks here and there. What style of riding do you do? Commute, XC, Street, DH, 4X and many moons ago Flatland BMX. How...
  7. babington

Do old fools train?

Here's what I try to follow on a daily basis: "Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds some fruit, little starch no sugar. Keep intake levels that support exercise not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, Clean, Squat, C&J, Snatch. Master the basics of gymnastics: pull ups...
  8. babington

Looking after a weary body...

Cooch has pretty much covered all the bases all I suggest is get your hands on a foam roller, one of the most effective pieces of kit for any cyclist. http://www.mattlambert.co.uk/images/illustration-1/5.jpg
  9. babington

STOLEN 06 Kona Coiler

Stolen Wed 17th June Midday from outside FTR Annerely Description: matte grey frame with white 06 Marzocchi 66's up front Funn snake skin saddle Avid Juicy 3 brakes Brand new Sram X-5 shifters Ranchero rear/Advantage...
  10. babington

Whistler Advice

Have a look at www.ticket2ridebc.com they offer a variety of deals on accommodation/bike hire/lift passes. They also run day trips to other various trails/parks seen on NWD or Roam. Totally agree with 24alpha, warm up runs are essential if you want to survive unscathed, Whistler can bite hard...
  11. babington

Dayboro Question (Now Anwsered)

Does anyone know if Dayboro has been shut down? We went out a few weeks ago and the main shuttle road has a big gate across with official "NO BIKES" signs posted. We thought it might be only temporary due to the recent storms, hope we haven't lost another great DH track.
  12. babington

Training For DH

ultra fit If anyone is looking to improve their fitness check out this site. I've been teaching pilates/weights for the past 7 years and it's blowing me away how effective these workout are. I thought I was strong and reasonably fit but these will leave you in a dribbling mess. The great thing...
  13. babington

Grand Theft Auto 4

Just got my 360 copy from JB's at Carindale...$84.85 BRING IT ON!!
  14. babington

Does anyone find it hard to actually buy 2nd hand stuff on FARKIN ?

Thanks for the support Viv92. I paid $2000 thinking I was getting a complete bike as depicted in the photo.
  15. babington

Does anyone find it hard to actually buy 2nd hand stuff on FARKIN ?

warning I'd like to apologise to Nico Jacko, I made the mistake of expressing myself on this forum without the necessary proof. I was wrong to accuse Nico of any wrongdoing.
  16. babington

Whistler 08

China air I'd just like to confirm Binner's quote on those China Air airfares, just paid $1880 for a return flight the week before Crankworx.
  17. babington

Shuttle Slug

I haven't be behind the wheel of a car in about 16 years so I'm not sure how I'd go. I just don't think many guys are gonna want an unlicensed driver behind the wheel. The last thing they wanna see is their pride and joy rolling down the side of a mountain... might need the pressure suit and...
  18. babington

Shuttle Slug

No... I kept failing the test and couldn't afford the continual humiliation:D
  19. babington

Shuttle Slug

G'day fellow farkiners I have a slight conundrum..?:confused: I enjoy shuttle runs but don't have a license. Is there a shuttle etiquette in this instance. If anyone can offer assistance I'd be most grateful. I'm more than happy to reimburse for your troubles.:D Cheers Ed
  20. babington

Whistler 08

I'm heading to Whistler for Crankworks next year and just wanted to know if anyone else is going.