Search results

1. M

VIC Womens Club/Training for Beginners?

Warrandyte MTB club have a Wednesday womens ride around Westerfolds with a helping of cake and coffee at Petty's Orchard afterwards https://www.revolutionise.com.au/warrandytemtb/home/ There's also the 'She Rides' program, which usually has a series of mtb coaching sessions a couple of times a...
  2. M

Northeast Italy - suggestions

We followed EsPeGe's advice and went to the Molveno/Paganella area. It was stunning! Fortunately they had some trails and a lift open (and only saw evidence of one bear!) - we were there too early in the year (official opening was the first week in June). There's still a lot of snow cover and...
  3. M

Thanks for the suggestions, and the reminder about brakes. If in doubt, both at once!
  4. M

Looking for suggestions for good places for 3-4 days riding (& bike hire) in northeast Italy (we're flying in and out of Venice). More at the XC-trail-all mountain end of the spectrum rather than downhill.
  5. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Just a heads up that the little narrow singletrack squeezed between the freeway/main shared path and the golfcourse near Willesmere has been blocked off. At the Belford road end they've put up a ~2m tall metal fence and there's a lot of cut branches and logs along the rest of it.
  6. M

Mullum Mullum Trail

Nah, no DH, just doesn't have enough fall. Fun XC though in bits and pieces
  7. M

Umm WTF

I have seen that in the flesh a couple of weeks ago - the guy lives around the corner from me. :shocked: It is definitely the most bizarre frankenbike I have ever seen that wasn't weird bits welded together. Make an interesting touring bike????
  8. M

Yarra Trails regulars

+2 It was good to see so many people turn up, and it was good to chance to meet some of you (I was the chick with the green hat) I rode through there this evening and it seems to be settling in nicely.
  9. M

Sore knee from riding clipped in - pulling up, toe positioning and muscle engagement

Going back to the seat height suggestion, I know you said you've had the same seat height on this bike for years, but have you checked that there's no difference when you take the change from flats to spd pedals into account? There may be enough difference between the two pedal/shoe combinations...
  10. M

Forrest Yaugher trail access and controlled burns on 11/11/14

Does anyone know when the trails in the Yaugher area at Forrest are likely to be re-opened after yesterday's controlled burns? DEPI's information just says by the end of November, but we've got accommodation booked for 22/23 and are wondering if it's worth making the trip.
  11. M

Recommend a womens seat for beginners

+1 for Specialized test program. I think a couple of the Italian brands also do tests (Selle SMP and Selle Italia?) It's really important to work out the correct width of the saddle to match her sit bones, and wider is not always better. If it's too wide, it gets more difficult to move...
  12. M

In the market for a 4ish inch 29er dually

Where are you located? DM Cycles in Warrandyte (Vic) carry Lapierre, but I'm not sure if they do demos
  13. M

In the market for a 4ish inch 29er dually

I'm looking for the same sort of thing. I'm currently riding a 140mm FS 26" bike, and want to move to a more racey, less bouncy full suspension bike. I'm too much of a gumby to go for a hardtail. I'm looking at a Rocky Mountain Element, Cannondale Scalpel, Trek Superfly in addition to the...
  14. M

Yarra Trails regulars

You can get out to Schwerkolt cottage (Deep Creek Road) at least, there's some nice sections but there's a bit of hopping on and off the concrete shared path
  15. M

Melbourne Ladies Social Trail Rides?

There's a few groups that do semi regular social rides - the Warrandyte one mentioned above is a good one. Liv/Giant is another, and there are other facebook groups like MTB Chicks VIC that have things on a more ad hoc basis. Haven't been to a Lysterfield ladies ride for a while - Trailmix...
  16. M

2013 Golden Triangle Epic 28th April

Great race, fantastic track, very engaging, I even appreciated the flat boring bit along the water race as I was really struggling at that point second time around. My first effort at 100km, so pretty pleased to finish, especially after a stoopid crash onto my head about 3 km into my second...
  17. M

2013 Golden Triangle Epic 28th April

I was looking for a contact to answer an accommodation question, but there doesn't seem to be one anywhere on the event website (unless I'm blinder than normal). I've registered for the event and accom, but my +1 just wants accom, as he can't commit to racing until the day (various reasons I...
  18. M

Warrandyte and surrounds

Done, also entered the suburb nearest. You also could have asked "would you be interested in helping on working bees to build/maintain any trails" Answer is Yes.
  19. M

Ves 2014...

I love the 3 hour series, my +1 is far more interested in doing the solo 6 hr than racing pairs, so the 3 hour still allows me to race (cause I'm a Scotty and none of my riding friends have the time to commit to racing 6 hr pairs with me), do some supporting of my +1, and still have one of us...
  20. M

Long XC trails / tours in Victoria

:cheer2: Looking forward to this, it will be fantastic to have a long ride out there. You used to be able to do a similar loop on walking track/very eroded 4wd track, but I haven't been in there since the area got hammered by floods and fire a few years ago.