Search results

1. shakes

Sold SOLD

Item: 2013 Cannondale caad10 - 105 - 52cm Location: Reservour 3072 Item Condition: Very good, see description below for the faults. Reason for selling: Moving to an apartment - no space! Price and price conditions: $700 Extra Info: Near new Schwable Durano 25mm. Last couple of rides it's got...
  2. shakes

NSW I'm gunna be in you

I'm road tripping back from sydney to melbourne at the start of november along the cost. debating wether to take the bike or not? Any must see stops or trails along the way, opportunity's to hire a bike? etc etc Basically trying to decide if taking mine is worth the headache of space in...
  3. shakes

Sold

SOLD - thank you for an easy transaction!
  4. shakes

blackwood - woodend

Linking some of the GDT to finish a ride at a mates place in woodend. To try save me spending hours studying maps, has anyone got some roads/tracks/anything in between I should detour to? GPX files are very much welcomed.
  5. shakes

FSA orbit MX lower race

Item: FSA orbit MX lower race 1 1/8 Location: anywhere Item Condition: working Reason for wanting: 2x sets of forks
  6. shakes

sold

Sold!12345679
  7. shakes

Removing Stans Sealant from clothing

Has anyone got some special secret tips they would like to share? Item of clothing in question is a pair of fox shy shorts. Putting in a tube after slashing a tire trailside, managed to get a bit on me. Not much is getting it out, am I doomed to forever look like I've been having a sneaky but...
  8. shakes

Bright, Vic

Heading up there for a week in September. As a family holiday, which means I only have a couple of couple hour windows to go for a short roll. From the little bit of digging I've done it seems like there is a heap of singletrack just out of town, and that the local shop should be able to...
  9. shakes

Warby -> Mt Donna Buang Dirt loop

Trying to plan a 'gravel grinder-esque' ride in a couple of weeks. Eassentially looking to start in Warby, ride up the aquaduct trail to the wier, dirt roads back to 'acheron rd' down(up) to Mt Donna Buang, then back to acheron/donnabuang rd and down back into Warburton... If there is any...
  10. shakes

monster crossers/drop bar 29ers

Over built hybrids... Any of them here? What do you ride.. preferred set ups? Photos. Post it all.
  11. shakes

XT shadow with Tiagra STI

I'm sure it will work fine together, some confirmation from someone would be nice though. Have heard a whisper that the STI doesnt play nicely with the shadow stuff... 9speed XT shadow M772 RD with some older 9spd tiagra STI (4400? maybe) shifters on an 11-32 SLX cassette conversely same...
  12. shakes

rando/touring/commute/cx-ish shit

Don't wont ratty old worn out shit. Prefer local so I can look at it but with a good photo or two I don't really mind paying for postage... Salsa cowbell 3's 42cm or similar Avid BB7 roads (pair) 160mm or BB7mtn with drop levers to suit Nice 90/100mm stem either a 0° or 8° and 1 1/8 x 31.8...
  13. shakes

Sold

What did you click on that for???
  14. shakes

spec me a 700c/29er wheelset

The time has come to start shopping for new wheels for my next build. Rims need to be rim brake compatible. Disc hubs, 9speed rear, 135mm preferred. tubeless would be cool but not too fussed. Basically as versatile as possible. Will be used on my commuter in all weather, towing a loaded...
  15. shakes

shy shorts

So the time has come to purchase some new ones. Have had a couple of pairs of netti ones for years and they have been perfect for what I do Majority of riding in them is commute to and from work/pub/daycare etc with the odd longer XC ride. I would like something with zippered pockets for the...
  16. shakes

lowering a fox float rl 100 + oil weights

There was a thread not long ago on this but do you think I can find it?!? I want/need to lower my (I think)2007 forks 20-25mm, from what I remember its as easy as opening them up and fitting a spacer? I also have no idea what oil weight and air pressure is in them, but they behave perfectly...
  17. shakes

lowering a fox float rl 100 + oil weights

There was a thread not long ago on this but do you think I can find it?!? I want/need to lower my (I think)2007 forks 20-25mm, from what I remember its as easy as opening them up and fitting a spacer? I also have no idea what oil weight and air pressure is in them, but they behave perfectly...
  18. shakes

Tough mudder

http://toughmudder.com.au/ I did search, and failed. A few of you sicko's are probably daft enough to consider entering in this... I'm seriously contemplating whether I can get fit enough for it
  19. shakes

Bike shipment 'arrivals'

Having worked in shops on and off over the years this is something that has intrigued me. Why can some suppliers land bikes and have them to the shop the exact day they promise... Yet others keep putting off the date for months at a time. Is it because they are useless? Is it because they...
  20. shakes

VIC 9speed shifter and chain/cassette

After a RH 9 speed shifter. and a chain/cassette thats not excessively worn. Couldn't care less about the level or condition as long as they are working. As cheap as possible but let me know what you got. Is for a pub/commuter/hack so not wanting to spend much Cheers Simon