Search results

1. look mum. no hands

full sus rentals in Sydney area?

Hi all I had a little search but couldn't find any useful info. Is it possible to rent a fully, like my current heckler, in Sydney. Forgot to buy extra baggage this trip.
  2. look mum. no hands

user reviews of Mavic Alpine XL shoes

Just read the short review on the Mavic Alpine XP in last months mountain bike action and am curious to user reviews as I think MBA reviews suck. I am currently using Shim MP66, but the Mavics got my attention as they are close to what o think an AM mountain bike shoe should look like. Anyone...
  3. look mum. no hands

what can be done about sandy sections on a trail?

Hi.......what can be done about sandy sections on trails? One of my favourite trails seems to be turning to sand in large sections. Can you mix clay or put down rocks as a solution?
  4. look mum. no hands

XT Rear Hub Clanking?

COuld some give some advice on rebuilding a XT rear hub? it is developing a bit of a clank. It is also causing a sligt bit of play in the cassette. I have checked the cassette and it is definately the hub. Any good tech docs on the web? or can someone scan the relevant pages of Zinn and the...
  5. look mum. no hands

The Standard Snowboard Show

Is there anything that resembles this show for mtb? If not, there should be. Even insipres me on my bike.
  6. look mum. no hands

Anyone riden the Queen Charlotte Track, NZ?

If you have, we are planning a trip down there in March, and we'd love to hear your experiences. Also, some advice on accomodation.
  7. look mum. no hands

Bike Rental in Brisbane

I am headin back home and the heckler is not coming with. I want to get some riding in on the Gap and Cootha but am a bit out of touch as to where to rent a bike from. I want something with at least 5" travel. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also if there is any new single track...
  8. look mum. no hands

A quick question?

I just got through watching Seasons, another classic, but in the credits I was listening to Peaty talk and it just got me thinking: Did he and does he really think he can beat Hill? I love the guy and I know he is a World Champ, but SERIOUSLY!
  9. look mum. no hands

Impossible to true Juicy 5s

Anyone got advice on aligning Juicy 5s. Seems after every ride I have to go through the same pull your hair out process of re-aligning. Avid make it sound too simple in their guide, which just adds to the frustration. I am getting ready to leave the good ship Avid and head, yes, I hate to say it...
  10. look mum. no hands

Giro helmets in Brissy

Some family members are heading to Bkk soon and I want them to do some helmet shopping for me. Difficult to get what I want here. Anyway can somebody give me an idea where I can send them to get either Giro Hex or Xen (pref Hex)?
  11. look mum. no hands

what makes a worthy post?

Just got one of those abusive but don't get me worng messages! So don't get me wrong: what makes a worthy post on this forum? Seems to me some people may want to check the definition of a forum.
  12. look mum. no hands

Where is Grant Allen these days?

Did I miss something???
  13. look mum. no hands

Rampage to make a come back for 2008

Heard that RedBull will be putting on the Rampage again. ANyone out there have solid info? SLope STyle is sweet, but BIg MOuntain in the roots
  14. look mum. no hands

I want FiveTens with SPD comp

Anyone got connections over at FiveTen. I want their Impact LOw in SPD. Ride trails, but I just can't stand XC shoes. I am using 661 Filters at the mo, but they are finally falling apart, which they have threatened to do since I first got them wet.
  15. look mum. no hands

Is there a trail pics forum?

Can't see it, but it would be a good idea
  16. look mum. no hands

Anyone testing 2008 Marzocchi XC700 ATA

With all the rave going on recently about the 55 and 66, I have been tempted away from Fox and started looking at these guys. I have heard some good thing but there is not alot out there. I love the weight of them and all the adjustability. Please, don't comment unless your actually using them...
  17. look mum. no hands

Removing dust wipers from Recon

Does anyone have tips for safe removal of the dust wipers from a recon fork. I want to re-oil.
  18. look mum. no hands

Paris Bike Shops?

I know it is a long way from home, but does anyone have any recommendation for mtb shopping in Paris?
  19. look mum. no hands

Oasis Hill MTB Park?????

Guys, I have been away from home for quite some time, but will return in Winter 2008. Searching for some new places to ride back home I found that there is or was a mtb park in Brisvegas. Could this be true?????? I tried finding out some more info and it seems it opens and closes with the last...