Search results

1. b_S

Sram Force cranks - pedal insert

Apparently it's happened to a few people, the pedal insert in carbon Sram Force cranks coming loose. Have you experienced it? And more importantly, does anyone have any comments about rebonding it? I'm fairly confident I'll be able to fix this, and if so will score a free crankset for it...
  2. b_S

Dear Scott

WTF? :confused: With regards b_S
  3. b_S

V8 Superfarce Sydney 500 - Olympic Park

They've turned the whole place upside down, as I commute through there it's been interesting to see the track being built from ground up. Tree removals, road diversions, building semi-permanent structures... All the way through to lining the track with concrete barriers and tall fencing. It's...
  4. b_S

POS Slutt Spasma - go fast bike

Have been wanting one for many months, here's the chance to embark on another build project for fun. Scott Plasma - aka Slutt Spasma. Customising has gone as far as a fat marker so far, will redo the graphics when I get time. <2lb frame (880 grams). HMF carbon, whatever that...
  5. b_S

Armageddon

:eek: Everything is covered in red dust. Not bad considering we're in the inner west. Check out the wind speeds, can't wait for the ride to work with a massive tailwind!
  6. b_S

Need a new courier-style bag, any reccomendations?

My beloved crumpler has gone missing - left it at a party and it disappeared the next day. Frustrating as I tend to carry so much crap around with me and it was great for it. It was the Fux Deluxe, second biggest in their range. Not cheap either. So now I'm looking to buy a replacement, and am...
  7. b_S

Slipping seat post - will reaming help me?

The seat post keeps slipping on my old girly bike. It has a lugged clamp: Unfortunately only the area at the lug makes contact with the post, the seat tube itself is a much larger diameter. With the QR lever cranked (so the clamp is almost closing on itself) hard it still creeps during...
  8. b_S

How'd I do this?!

Bike was clunking on the way to work. I assumed it was the old cassette, had a quick look when I arrived and... That's the spacer you can see on the floor, it'd cracked and allowed the cup to screw in a fair way. :eek: My only thought is overtightening may have cracked the spacer but...
  9. b_S

Multimedia/home theatre computers

Whilst this'd be more appropriate at OCAU or the like I'm trying to deny my geekiness by not logging on there again :D Time to rebuild my main PC and inject some life in the old monster, there's enough spare parts around to build a second (and third, and fourth...) box, and (in)conveniently...
  10. b_S

Improving HRM performance

Have played around with my new Polar Bluetooth HRM belt lately, trying to use with with Nokia's Sports Tracker. Unfortunately it's not working as well as I'd like, and I'm guessing this is due to poor pickup more than anything else. I'm a bit chubby so the belt likes to creep down a bit...
  11. b_S

Australia man of steel arrested in China

So... how's Johnny going ;)
  12. b_S

Nokia Sports Tracker - Phone + GPS + HRM = Bike geekism

Worth starting a dedicated thread, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here. Nokia have the Sports Tracker program/service for GPS S60 phones, which logs your workout and allows you to upload it to the site. Speed, distance, route, and heart rate (with appropriate sensor) are all monitored...
  13. b_S

DIY frame repairs (step aside Gripsport!)

A mix of :eek: and :D
  14. b_S

Why Sydney night life sucks...

Check out the video :eek:
  15. b_S

Singlespeeders - what's wrong with chain tensioners?

Just wondering, as every time someone posts their vertical dropout SS bike with a tensioner the same things are always mentioned. What makes a hanger-mounted tensioner (like this) "inferior" to other methods such as halflink chains, eccentric hubs or ratio juggling? Besides aesthetics and...
  16. b_S

Help rebuilding my shock

:cool: Seriously though... anyone have a clue about these? Namely what weight oil and what pressure they should be charged to. It dumped it's load all over my desk and whilst I'm ready to write it off as a lost cause it might be fun to pull apart and play with. Don't know how I'll go finding...
  17. b_S

XC New Voodoo (warning, 29")

Been a long while since I bought brand new parts, and having grown bored of what I was tinkering with it was time to splurge: Voodoo Dambala 29" Steel frame, sliding dropouts, some clever touches such as ultra-short head tube with ample crown clearance, removable brake posts, good...
  18. b_S

Recommend a truing stand

Time to spend the big money and buy something decent... we're using one enough to justify the purchase. Right now the Park TS-2 is the only option I've considered so far. We're doing everything from 100 to 150mm hubs in 9, 10, 12, 15 and 20mm :rolleyes: I've used the Park before but am not...
  19. b_S

Cyclocross-stye bike with disc mounts

Am considering getting a new bike with some money coming my way. Forget being sensible and paying off the card or anything like that! Right now I have a 29" MTB that's used for commuting and that's great for the job, but I want something faster... want to get some more riding done and get in...
  20. b_S

Help - Easy/cheap solutions for recording vinyl to digital format

A bloke at work wants to record his record collection with his computer, for easier handling. I know it's probably easier to just download it all ;) But it seems the process will become a hobby in itself. Unfortunately he's not the greatest with PCs, nor would anyone with such a record...