Search results

1. Z

SSpeeding the Fling 100ker

There were *two* girls who did it last year ;-) I think I ran about 34:21, in just under 8 hours. I had to walk up a few hills, but I managed to finish before the unicyclists... No matter what you do, you're going to be spinning like a crazy person on those roads.
  2. Z

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

No single speed teams categories though?
  3. Z

Building Aerobic Fitness

Out of interest - may I ask who these people who have managed to get rainbow jerseys through doing nothing more than riding these bikes are? Or has it been said already and I haven't been paying enough attention?
  4. Z

Building Aerobic Fitness

A lack of evidence is only evidence if someone has actually done the related studies. The first paper you've linked there seems to be concerned only with abdominal muscles, which doesn't seem to be what people here mean when they refer to core muscles. The second paper seems a bit more...
  5. Z

29ers for short arses? Two questions

I'll second what trail_monkey said. I'm 5'3" and have no trouble riding a 29er at all. I currently ride an 18" Kona Unit (which is admittedly a little large for me) and am awaiting the arrival of a small Niner One9 (which I've test ridden enough to know it will fit me fine). Neither of those...
  6. Z

Post your 29er!

How much beer are we talking? Cos I know where he lives *and* I've got the keys...
  7. Z

The Single Speed Thread

Highland Fling Gearing Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for gearing for the Highland Fling (on a 29er)? Some context: I've been running 34-19 for riding around Stromlo and can usually ride 100km in about 8 hours on a geared bike (this will be my first 100km ss).
  8. Z

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

The map on the Stromlo Forest Park website has the track marked as blue until the point where it meets Pork Barrel, and then green down to the firetrail. Perhaps the top part really is double black, but we only rode on the green section.
  9. Z

Well, if it's not the easier option, then the others are not harder options and your argument disappears in a puff of logic
  10. Z

I think if you don't understand what would drive a person to do a 24 solo on a hardtail/rigid/singlespeed/unicycle rather than taking the "easier" option, then perhaps you should go and ask Jess why she races 24 solo, rather than just sticking to 12 hour races, or team 24s. If any of us...
  11. Z

I could hardly be underestimating those firetrails, given that I was actually riding them... on a hardtail. All the people I saw walking were singlespeeders (myself included) who didn't want to ride *up* the hill. Slick Rock is a green track. You might be thinking of Blood Rock, which starts...
  12. Z

The time has come to committ

Well I'm sure you've mentioned a number of times that all 29ers were horrifically ugly, but you seem to have reneged on that position, so I suppose we can let that slide. And I also recall a comment about girls who ride rigid 29er singlespeeds automatically not being attractive... but I...
  13. Z

None of that firetrail was anywhere near as technical as something like Pork Barrel though. A bit of a slog up the hills yes, but not technical.
  14. Z

I think the point might be that Australia spends so much of his time giving shit to other people for their bike choices, that it's just too good an opportunity to return the favour. ;-) And it's hardly a baseless assertion - it's pretty hard to go five minutes on this forum without hearing...
  15. Z

Considering some of your earlier posts, are you sure you're not looking for something more like this:
  16. Z

Hi Mark, Would it be very difficult to do a breakdown of just the men's overall and just the women's overall? Cheers
  17. Z

Then you should take your 23.75 hours and be glad for it! :p
  18. Z

It may sound like nitpicking but... If you paid $400, then you're racing for 24 hours. The only people racing 23.75 hours are those that entered age categories. Entry to age categories was $375, last time I checked.
  19. Z

Nasty Nurse prologue

And there's no problem with it being too competitive. Because you can start any time you want during the afternoon, there's never a large number of riders on the track at once.